INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tag Editor: Weird Cell Layout When Editing  (Read 1434 times)

DaveL

• Recent member
  • Alpha Programmer
Tag Editor: Weird Cell Layout When Editing
« on: January 28, 2010, 03:39:17 pm »

Since upgrading to 14.0.130 the Tag Editor has exhibited a weird layout bug.  In previous version editing of field values was "in-place".  With this build a when you click a cell to edit the value a new edit field is created between the edited field and the next field, spanning the entire row.  Also, if you edit the Rating field by clicking the one of the stars all of the other fields disappear.

14.0.131 does the same thing.

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Tag Editor: Weird Cell Layout When Editing
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 04:49:29 pm »

With this build a when you click a cell to edit the value a new edit field is created between the edited field and the next field, spanning the entire row.

That's by design—to provide more room, I suppose.

Also, if you edit the Rating field by clicking the one of the stars all of the other fields disappear.

That's not. But it's just a refresh issue—the data reappears when the scroll bar is moved.

DaveL

• Recent member
  • Alpha Programmer
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 05:06:03 pm »

That's by design—to provide more room, I suppose.

Ugh.  In place editing is so much nicer.  IMHO having the focus jump to the next line for editing is a usability nightmare.  It's so bad it still takes me several seconds to figure out which property I'm editing.  

A better approach would be for the editing to be in place and have the edit cell expand in place to fit the content.

The most common task that I use MC for is tagging files.  With this change it is barely usable!  At least make this new "feature" optional so I can turn it off!

DaveL

• Recent member
  • Alpha Programmer
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2010, 01:17:10 pm »

Another Tag Editor layout bug:  When I click to edit the property in the bottom most row the new edit field that is created is not visible (it's 90% clipped).  The scroll bar becomes enabled, but clicking the scroll bar causes the focus to leave the new edit field and it disappears.

Please revert this change (or make it optional).

leezer3

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2010, 03:34:54 pm »

Another Tag Editor layout bug:  When I click to edit the property in the bottom most row the new edit field that is created is not visible (it's 90% clipped).  The scroll bar becomes enabled, but clicking the scroll bar causes the focus to leave the new edit field and it disappears.

Please revert this change (or make it optional).

Yup, can confirm that one.
As a quick and dirty workaround, the mousewheel will work to get you that last field into view.
Not thrilled by the change either, reported it as a bug first too  :)

gappie

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2010, 03:44:31 pm »

i actually like the extra line in the tag window. maybe because i only use it for a quick tag change, getting some mistake out or something like that. and then it is great that i can read it all most of the time. when i want to do some more tagging i use some views with panes and in place tagging.

:)
gab

DaveL

• Recent member
  • Alpha Programmer
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2010, 06:23:00 am »

I just inadvertently set the album property instead of the album artist property and didn't even notice.  Usability FAIL!  Please consider making this more usable.
Pages: [1]   Go Up