INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: File List?  (Read 1229 times)

Wheelerb52

• Recent member
File List?
« on: January 29, 2010, 03:16:50 pm »

Hi!  I am wondering how to get MC14 (if it's even possible) to display all the audio tracks contained in my  3 various directories, without sorting by Album or Artist but rather by Filename/Trackname.  Frankly, I don't really care which album a given song came from, and I sometimes forget or don't know the artist of a song.  I want to be able to see the titles of the songs in one big continuous, scrollable window  so I can decide what I want to listen to and from which I can  then add to a Playlist.  Back a few years ago when I was playing with a previous version of Media Center, I somehow got it to display alphabetically all of the MP3 tracks I had at that time.  If it's possible to do so now, could someone explain how?  I have looked around for an answer and through the various menu options but I am coming up zero.  Thanks in advance.

221bBS

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: File List?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 04:47:54 pm »

Go to the view you want to do this in. Right-click the title in the tree view and pick customize view. Look on the right side, change the Group by to NONE. On the left side under options click Advance > set rules for file display. Under Modify results there should be a Sort by field, if not click add new modifier button and pick Sort by. Use the remove button to clear anything here. Now click the add button and pick A-Z > filename (name). Click ok to close all windows. This should do it.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 04:56:01 pm »

Just to amend that a little, on the 'Customize View' dialog, there's a big 'Sort By' heading on the left.

I think you're asking for a custom sorting of A-Z > Filename, so you can input that there.

This might be a little easier than digging in the 'Advanced' section of the dialog.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

221bBS

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 09:54:19 am »

Just to amend that a little, on the 'Customize View' dialog, there's a big 'Sort By' heading on the left.

I think you're asking for a custom sorting of A-Z > Filename, so you can input that there.

This might be a little easier than digging in the 'Advanced' section of the dialog.

This only sorts within groups, and it sounds like he wants to remove grouping all together and have a single list of all his music.
Pages: [1]   Go Up