INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Image File Column - Library List  (Read 1234 times)

smOOzz

• Junior Woodchuck
  • fine and warm
Image File Column - Library List
« on: January 29, 2010, 04:34:37 pm »

In preparation to make more use of Theatre View and Remote Controller I recently moved all Cover Art .jpg's to the specified folder shown in Options ( C:\Users\xxxxxx\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 14\Cover Art\  ).         'Store Image In The Tag' is also ticked as an Option.     Have I done the right thing? 

Listed within the Image File Column of the Library Tree most cover art is shown as 'Inside File' which I expected.    Some are also shown as 'Folder.jpg'.   Some are listed as 'Artist - Album.jpg'. 
One in the file correctly as Artist - Album like the rest shows up as 1.jpg for some reason.

And the Large Image File, when selected as a tree option,  shows up in the Library Tree as a blank column.    The Small Image File is OK.      Both worked in Vers 13.

I find the Cover Art subject the most confusing part of MC and with your help I hope to get better organised.  I have read Wiki and other posts but they are not assisting me at the moment.

I previously had most cover art files within the album folder.

MC 14.0.131 in use.

Any advice or pointers to explanations or best practise would be appreciated.

Peter

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Image File Column - Library List
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 04:50:13 pm »

Once you configure the cover art storage you like in Options > File Location, you can select files:
Right-click > Cover Art > Save Cover Art To External Location Specified In Options

This makes a copy of the cover art in the location you've specified.  You may need to manually clean up the old folder.jpg, 1.jpg, etc. files using Explorer if you don't want them.  This scattered external file problem is why I prefer images embedded in the tags.

As for the 'Large Image File' column, it is only functional in grouped list views where each album (or whatever) has a large image and heading with tracks underneath.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

smOOzz

• Junior Woodchuck
  • fine and warm
Re: Image File Column - Library List
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 02:16:27 am »

"Images embedded in the tags"....

If all cover art is located in the specified folder in Options will that automatically embed the cover art images into the album tags?

Is the specified folder selected in Options the best policy for cover art storage?

Pages: [1]   Go Up