INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature request: Digital room correction  (Read 3330 times)

harryharry

Feature request: Digital room correction
« on: January 29, 2010, 06:11:09 pm »

I am a audiophile user of JRiver Media Center. I use custom made FIR filters for both cross over and room correction for music and movies. I do unfortunately not get this to work with DVDs.

I use convolution files in convolver (convolver.sourceforge.net). For music I use Convolver VST which I load in DSP Studio. For movies I use AC3Filter and Convolver Wrapper. (To get this working I have to deselect JRiver Bitrate monitor).Then I put a delay in FFDshow video decoder for sound/picture sync.

The correction files are being created with Audiolense (www.audiolense.no). It is also possible to create correction files with DRC (http://drc-fir.sourceforge.net/)

My problem in MC is that it is not possible to select additional audio filters for DVDs. I therefore use another program to watch DVDs. This is unfortunate since I would like to use J River for all kinds of files.

This is how they do it in Zoom Player:

So what I wish to see in J River is an option to select additional filters also for DVDs.

I also have another request:

To get convolver to work with more than 2 channels I select for example 8 (7.1) channels under "output format" in DSP Studio and can then use 4 channels for cross over for each speaker.
In DSP Studio would it be possible to have more than 8 (7.1) channels? This way it is possible to use more than 8 channels (multi channel speakers setup) for digital cross over together with convolver VST.

joergstumpp

• Recent member
Re: Feature request: Digital room correction
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2010, 04:49:52 am »

I want to do similar things.
I  use Convolver but as direkt show filter version,as there is native support in dsp-studio for that.
I calculate my filters using acourate software.

Jörg Stumpp

HiFiTubes

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 10:16:00 am »

Hi Harry,

Would be great to get this in MC14.

How did you generate your FIR data btw? I have a calibrated Dayton mic and RoomEQ Wizard but haven't had much time to do any analysis.

Any room treatments? We still even need curtains in here  ;D But it is a good room, dimension-wise.

harryharry

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2010, 05:37:19 am »

Hi Harry,

Would be great to get this in MC14.

How did you generate your FIR data btw? I have a calibrated Dayton mic and RoomEQ Wizard but haven't had much time to do any analysis.

Any room treatments? We still even need curtains in here  ;D But it is a good room, dimension-wise.

I use Audiolense to generate the FIR filters.

I have several listening rooms. My cinema is treated with absorbers and diffusors on all walls and roof.

audunth

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2010, 10:29:46 am »

I guess this was fixed in 14.0.141 so you can play also DVDs in MC now, Harry? I'm also looking to correct my room with Audiolense. Are you outputting the sound using the analog outputs from your soundcard? I'm looking to output multichannel LPCM via HDMI to my receiver, since I don't have an expensive/audiophile soundcard (yet).
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
ASUS  P8Z68 V-PRO/GEN3, 8GB RAM, Core i5-2500K
EVGA Nvidia GTX 970 SSC, 4GB RAM
Antec P180 case w/Seasonic X460 fanless PSU, water cooled by Zalman Reserator 1+ w/extra DDC pump
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Sony VPL-HW30ES 3D projector
Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and custom built 2Ch power amp for front/stereo speakers
Klipsch Reference/SVS 7.1 speaker system
Always running the latest available version of MC
Pages: [1]   Go Up