INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC - alternative remote control suggestion please...  (Read 2016 times)

yap

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
MC - alternative remote control suggestion please...
« on: February 01, 2010, 10:02:09 am »

Hi

I have been dedicated user of MC for a long time now, I run multizone MC with Netremote but now I am tired of Netremote as my library has grown over 500 albums and it is becoming boring to browse and play music via Netremote + looking to upgrade to latest MC on ASROCK ion330 with either Squeezbox controller or Ipod touch or Keep my Win mobile PDAs.

I have seen ipeng, RiverMote, SlimControl for PDA, and been tempted to go down the ipeng route or SlimControl as they offers Apple touch experience with clean easy music browsing for large collection, but I don't want to give up MC.

Can anyone suggest me which one would be better (ipeng, RiverMote, SlimControl) while keeping MC as my main media manager???

Re
Yap

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC - alternative remote control suggestion please...
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 10:40:10 am »

XPTunes is another option.

So is DLNA.  See our wiki and read about these topics:

Servers
Remotes
DLNA

yap

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: MC - alternative remote control suggestion please...
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 05:52:14 am »

I had a look at Xptunes, not it doesn't cut the mustard in aesthetics and functionality department, I am planning to get an ipod touch and test few options before deciding which way to go...

- Squeezecentre + Ipeng
- RiverMote
- itunes + ipod touch as controller.

Following features are essential for me form a music media centre --

-- Easy music management with simple CD rip operation.
-- Simple tagging with track rating a must.
-- Multi-zone capability a must.

MC does pretty well at above.

-- Simple Remote control to select music based on album cover + tags + rating and play across multizone with sleep and wake-up of the music server plus possibly client.

Currently MC does very good job of music management, I have a custom CCF in Netremote that does all of the above but the interface is old for today’s ipod standards!! I don't have time now to fiddle with CCF and LUAs... Promixis guys don't seem to be responding to new technology and produce something on the par with ipeng (looks impressive from the demo!) style of control for MC.
Pages: [1]   Go Up