INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Working... endlessly  (Read 1246 times)

Bodtje

• Recent member
Working... endlessly
« on: February 04, 2010, 11:26:50 am »

Hi all,

I've been working for some while now with MJ and there's something strange happening:
when I'm putting a CD in my CD-player MJ automatically pops up a Window stating: Please Wait... Working... and a kind of star is endlessly spinning without something happening... I can't stop it. There's a Cancel button but when I press it nothing happens.

My system is Windows XP Professional, I'm using MJ 12.0.49. I read some threads here about the Firewall blocking Internet access. I made an exception in the firewall. All of the possible automatic look up possibilities in the Options have been turned off.

What could be causing this strange phenomenon? It's very annoying because the only solution now is to shut down MJ and restarting it.

Thanks,
Bodtje

Frobozz

• Citizen of the Universe
  • There is a small mailbox here.
Re: Working... endlessly
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 11:28:28 pm »

Sometimes an alert or information dialog can get stuck behind the main MJ or MC window.  Use ALT+TAB to cycle through the available Windows and get the hidden dialog to pop to the front.  Then close that dialog window and MJ should be back to normal operation.

Bodtje

• Recent member
Re: Working... endlessly
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 02:05:50 am »

Thank you for this reply, but there aren't any other hidden message windows popping up.
When I try to move the window with the "Working..." message it reproduces itself (also endlessly  ::)) on my screen. It looks like an issue with the video card (as well).

Oh well, I'll try to reinstall MJ and see what happens...

Thanks again for your help,
Bodtje
Pages: [1]   Go Up