INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why does MC ALWAYS go to Start when opening library?  (Read 2031 times)

Vocalpoint

• Citizen of the Universe
Why does MC ALWAYS go to Start when opening library?
« on: February 06, 2010, 10:57:09 am »

Even tho I have completely "removed" Start from the entire program....

Tools->Options->General->Features....

And I specifically set - under Options->Startup Interface->Audio?

And the it always goes to this Start page - no matter what's on or off. If I want to go to Google - I will use my web browser...and quite frankly - since I am from Canada - getting bombarded by this Amazon MP3 page everytime at startup is just cruel and unusual punishment since we (Canucks) are completely banned from doing anything with this service.

Why can't the program just open to where I want it to (within reason) like a standard Album view (or perhaps the last view that was on screen) prior to close?

Cheers,

VP

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Why does MC ALWAYS go to Start when opening library?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 11:01:49 am »

Are you runnning Media Jukebox?

Vocalpoint

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2010, 11:43:37 am »

Are you runnning Media Jukebox?

No...just installed 14.0.140 this morning...but it's been like this for me for ages....

I did run Media Jukebox like a year ago....but these current libraries are all new via v14....

Ideas?

gappie

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2010, 05:03:53 pm »

what happens when you set the startupinterface to 'last location'?
how do you start up mc. when you use a shortcut on your desktop, is it the default or does it use a command line like / library..... (because this will give the startpage always)?

:)
gab

Vocalpoint

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2010, 05:19:29 pm »

what happens when you set the startupinterface to 'last location'?

Okay - I am making a bit of progress.

I have two standard Libraries - let's call them A and B - If I open MC and Load Library A...and open a basic view (with StartupInterface = Last Location)....and exit MC with that view on screen - and open MC again...it works...MC opens up with library A at it's last location. Cool...

However...if I open MC with Library A (and it's correct last location)...and then I go to File->Library and choose Library B - (with StartupInterface = Last Location) still on...Library B opens at Start. If I then open a view and exit MC...and then come back in - Library B will open at last location.

As you can see - LastLocation is only valid for the last library loaded...all others seem to revert back to Start.

What I would like is ALL libraries to remember ALL last locations and basically never see the Start page...especially since i specifically REMOVED the Start feature from the Features options area.

What purpose does the Features option serve if I explicitly shut something off and it keeps appearing?

Also - to your other Q: I start MC by the standard start menu icon...no command lines or anything else at play....

Cheers!

VP

Moe

• MC Beta Team
  • Hi
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2010, 06:46:52 pm »

I am pretty sure I am am seeing the same thing as Vocalpoint.  I have three libraries that I switch between on a regular basis, whenever I switch from one to the other after the switch the new library always opens on the start page. If opening MC it always starts where I have it set to in the options (Playing now).  I only see the Start page (which I have also disabled in the options) when switching between libraries.  I too would love it if I never saw the start page again, MC has behaved in this manner for as long as I can remember.

gappie

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2010, 03:28:17 am »

im also seeing the same as vocalpoint, jump to start when switching librarys. i guess it always have behaved that way, have reported it in the past.

good luck

:)
gab

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2010, 07:37:17 am »

The view is switched to 'Start' when loading a library by design.  We show a view that won't access the library.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Vocalpoint

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2010, 07:46:43 am »

The view is switched to 'Start' when loading a library by design.  We show a view that won't access the library.

What's the point of that? Technical? Laziness? Why not just open the lib the way I left it?

And why do you allow us to shut off all the Start features...yet put them right back where I do not want to see them. Seems like you are coding "options" that do nothing...if the option - is in fact - to turn something off - it should be off.

Especially that StartUp Location item...I always set it to "Audio" thinking I am going to actually do some good - when all I get is that lame Start page again and again....

While I generally love MC across the board - I have to say that this particular scenario bugs the crap out me...nothing I hate more than pointless clicking - which - dependent on work flow - is already out of hand in some area of this program....

Cheers!

VP

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2010, 07:51:20 am »

What's the point of that? Technical? Laziness?
I've edited out a couple of similarly insulting remarks in your earlier posts.  This time, I'm just going to close the thread.

A respectful request will always get you better service.  Here or anywhere, I expect.

Pages: [1]   Go Up