INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Analyzing Devices"...?  (Read 1569 times)

Duane

"Analyzing Devices"...?
« on: July 01, 2002, 12:07:00 pm »

When burning CD's, this message pops up every few seconds and the screen refreshes...

I'm wondering if I have a Windows problem...  But the system WILL burn a "Data" CD with MP3's, no problem.  Burning an audio CD is another thing entirely, though.  It crashes virtually every time now.

Do I need to re- load MediaJukebox? (I'm using version 8.)

Do I need to re- load Windows?

Duane

Also...
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2002, 12:14:25 pm »

When burning (or trying to burn)a CD of any kind, the screen refreshing constantly keeps putting MJ on top, making it impossible to do anything else while burning...

Duane

"Analyzing Devices"...
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2002, 12:17:28 pm »

I've noticed that the files I've been trying to burn are all WMA files... could it be some kind of Windows Media Player copyright crap?

Duane

ANALYZING DEVICES
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2002, 03:29:27 am »

I need some input on this, please...

Lucy

RE:
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2002, 04:28:59 am »

why don't you copy your system info here?

Chico

RE:
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2002, 05:39:08 am »

Duane,
In the MJ menue bar, select Help/System Info.  In the system info window, click "Copy to clipboard".

Then, come here, reply to this topic and paste the info here (Ctrl |PLS| V).

Also, when you open the Copy CD window, click on Options, then Encoder.  Check the list of encoders availabe to you (under Encoder Type & Quality).  If "MP3 Encoder" is not there, click the link below it to take you to the Encoder plugins page (you must be connected to the net).  In the encoder plug-ins page, select "Lame MP3 encoder" and download it.  It will automatically install into MJ.  Then when you go to rip CDs, go to the options/encoder and select the Lame MP3 Encoder.  Of course I am assuming you want to rip to MP3.

Good Luck.

Tuber

• Recent member
RE:
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2002, 02:57:58 pm »

I had a similar problem to Duane's. Duane, I don't know if you're running Win 95/98 or NT but for me, getting the CD device settings correct as per the faq seems to have cured things. Check out the settings required for Windows 95/98/NT. Good luck.

Duane

RE:
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2002, 08:17:16 am »

Thanks...

The system has no problem burning MP3's onto disk...  it crashes during the process of burning audio files to disk.

It's in the actual burning, most of the time, not in the file conversion to "audio" from MP3, OGG, etc.

I haven't had a chance to try again since the last post, but I'l try to burn MP3's to audio and see what happens.  So far, the files that I've been trying to convert and burn have been WMA files, and I wonder if there may be a problem with that particular format.

The next time it crashes, I'll cut and paste the details.

I'm running Win 98B on that computer...

Thanks,

Duane

(I see MJ as unbeatable, overall, BTW...)

Duane

RE:
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2002, 10:30:51 am »

Lightning topok out my modem last night on the computer in question.  So it will be a few days before I'm back with quick input on what's going on with it.

Thanks
Duane
Pages: [1]   Go Up