INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio & Video via WiFi on HiFi & TV  (Read 1118 times)

Al ex

• Citizen of the Universe
Audio & Video via WiFi on HiFi & TV
« on: February 11, 2010, 03:07:46 pm »

Hi,
I am having following system at home since a couple of days, and I want to use Media Center on my Netbook as user interface for playing my music and video files on my HiFi & TV:

Internet
 |
 |
(DSL)
 |
 |
Thomson Modem (WiFi deactivated)  <---LAN--->  WiFi Asus WL500W  <----WiFi---->  Netbook with Media Center 14
 |                                                                                     |
 |                                                                                     |
(LAN)                                                                              USB
 v                                                                                     |
AON-TV (IPTV set-top box ADB-3800/10TW)                       v
 |                            |                                                 External HD Western Digital 500GB
 |                            |
(SCART Video)        (Audio L/R)
 v                            |
TV                           |
                               v
                      HiFi-System

Media-files shall be stored either on my Netbook, or on my external HD, connected to the WiFi-router via USB.
MediaCenter administers the playlist, etc. = my GUI for all mediafiles, stored somewhere in my home network.

I think I can realize that by using DLNA and an additional box, for example Western Digital TV Live.
What do you think, is that realizable?

Does the Western Digital TV Live makes sense?
Where should I add the box? At one of my ports of my router WiFi Asus WL500W. And the external HD is then plugged to the Western Digital TV box?

Thx a lot, would be great, if I could realize that. I hate all these cables in my living room :)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Audio & Video via WiFi on HiFi & TV
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 04:19:47 pm »

The WD HD TV Live is a very good box.  See the hardware board here for a thread on it.

It can be connected anywhere on your network, but it also needs to be connected to the TV if you want to use it as a DLNA Renderer.
Pages: [1]   Go Up