INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using Multiple MC instances.  (Read 829 times)

Tolga

• Galactic Citizen
Using Multiple MC instances.
« on: February 12, 2010, 06:01:16 pm »

Background:
While DJing, I need to feed music from one sound card to the external speakers while listing to music from the headset. I found that using split view and zones within one MC is very cofusing and difficult to control because I need to often switch zones (dangerous while live) and I cannot see the play progress bar of two zones at the same time. Therefore I want to use multiple instances of MC running side by side, one for the external speakers the other for the headset.

Almost working current solution:
Everything seems to work as almost expected. I can see two zones playing side by side and I can carry music from one MC instance to the playlist of the other. Pretty cool. This is probably safer in case of a crash because I barely touch the instance that is playing for the external speaker while working on the other instance. If the version I am working at crashes, the other will continue feeding music.

Questions:

However I have one problem. In this setting one of the MC's seem to be read-only and I am confused which one is. Does the instance that is executed first has priority or the instance that is closed last?

Is there a tag that indicates the read-only state of MC? I would love to put that information to the Play Mode Display on the top to reduce confusion between two instances.
Pages: [1]   Go Up