INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can MC and iTunes Co-Exist?  (Read 2040 times)

sbpyper

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Can MC and iTunes Co-Exist?
« on: February 13, 2010, 01:53:45 am »

I like my iPod and iTunes because they work so easily together.  I like MC for playing music/video/pics on my PC.

I know iTunes wants to create a iTunes folder inside of My Music and MC then duplicates all my song listings:  one each from My Music and from My Music\Itunes.  Is there a RECOMMENDED way to position the iTunes folder either inside or outside of My Music so I don't have to go into MC Tools and create an exception for My Music\iTunes to avoid the song double-counting?

Thanks!

JohnM

• World Citizen
Re: Can MC and iTunes Co-Exist?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2010, 05:34:38 am »

I use both MC and iTunes. They can happily co-exist and I think it's better to keep their libraries separated. It's easier (and safer) to move the MC library and the files elsewhere than it's to move the iTunes library (in my opinion). So keep the iTunes library where it's now and move the MC library.

Our MC library and all the files it points to are on a NAS to facilitate our other computers to use the library. This works well.

sbpyper

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2010, 10:44:51 am »

I'm not sure what an NAS is but I imagine it's some type of shared server.  So, I just leave the iTunes folder where it's happy at X:\My Music\iTunes and just create a separate folder on my PC for MC music/pictures/videos?

Thanks!

JohnM

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2010, 11:56:42 am »

Yes but move the files with MC. Take a look at this: http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php/Moving_Files. Search this forum for more info. Moving files has been discussed a lot...

BTW I think you have to disable the iTunes-folder form the auto-import settings any how. Personally I've disabled the autoimport so that the rest of the family do not mess up our library...

sbpyper

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2010, 10:36:32 am »

Thanks!  Those all sound like great ideas I will follow ;) .

Pages: [1]   Go Up