INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPod playlists Sync  (Read 2365 times)

davemccorkle

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
iPod playlists Sync
« on: February 14, 2010, 04:16:21 pm »

Not sure if I can explain this correct but here you go.  When i put artists on the ipod it works great.  if I try to re-add the same artist it does nothing, however if i send a playlist to the ipod and the playlist has songs on it that i already have on the ipdo, it puts multiple copies of the songs on there.  Again, howver if i do it the other way, like put the playlist on and then copy a band that has the same tracks on it, it does not make duplicates.

Why?

Thanks I know that is confusing as all get out.

davemccorkle

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re: iPod playlists Sync
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 08:49:14 am »

I know this is splitting hairs but it is irritating and takes up extra space.

davemccorkle

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 06:44:44 pm »

Is there anyone out there who syncs there ipod?

gvanbrunt

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • MC Nerd
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2010, 08:57:05 pm »

I think users may be confused by your description of the issue - I am. AFAIK only playlists can synced to a device. The Artist thing is confusing unless you are talking about drag and drop or something. Can you clarify what you are attempting to do?

davemccorkle

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2010, 08:37:46 am »

Sorry about the confusion I will try to clarify.  Syncing playlists works fantastic my only issue is that is makes duplicates when I already have the artists on the iPod.  It does not make duplicates when I sync the playlists first and then add an artist that is already in the playlist.  Let's say I have ac/dc' "back In black" in a playlist and I sync it to my iPod, if I already have the Album "Back In Black" on the device it will have two copies of the song on it.  The opsosite is not true.  If i start with the playlist and then sync the album the software knows it had the song on there already and does not make a duplicate. 

I know this is confusing but i hate the duplicates. 

Thanks again

davemccorkle

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2010, 05:02:00 pm »

Any takers yet?

gvanbrunt

• MC Beta Team
  • MC Nerd
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2010, 08:17:59 pm »

The only way MC knows if the song is the same as one on a playlist is if it is in MC Library. If they are in there, there should not be duplicates.

How did these other tunes get on there? If they are synced from other applications like itunes etc then that is the way it is suppsed to be. MC has no way of knowing if they are the "same" song or not. Just because the name artist etc are the same, doesn't mean they are the same. Some people may want different quality versions of a song etc.

davemccorkle

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2010, 06:09:48 pm »

I only use MC, i hate iTunes big time.  I do make frequent tag changes so you may have something there.  I have been cleaning up a lot of mistakes with my tags so that may be the cuase.   I will clear off the ipod and start over once again and see.

gvanbrunt

• MC Beta Team
  • MC Nerd
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2010, 07:45:22 pm »

tagging changes could account for it. If the songs are on the portable device already then you make changes to the library. MC will not recognize them as being the same song depending on which tags you change. There is an option to delete songs not in the library from the device. If you set that it should delete songs it doens't thing are in the libary, then you would not have duplicates even in that situation.
Pages: [1]   Go Up