INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: mc14 and PS3 with DLNA  (Read 2057 times)

jconde

• Recent member
mc14 and PS3 with DLNA
« on: February 15, 2010, 10:44:13 am »

I am very new to the whole DLNA  concept.  I am running MC14.144 and I am connecting to a first generation PS3.  I would like to ask a question regarding sound quality.  I know from reading your wiki that MC converts all unsupported formats to L16 wave on the way to the PS3.  Does this mean that the sound quality of a 24 bit flac file is diminished when playing the file using DLNA as opposed to plugging another PC to the receiver?

Forgive the basic nature of this question.  I guess I am just trying to confirm my worst fears.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: mc14 and PS3 with DLNA
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 10:59:39 am »

I am very new to the whole DLNA  concept.  I am running MC14.144 and I am connecting to a first generation PS3.  I would like to ask a question regarding sound quality.  I know from reading your wiki that MC converts all unsupported formats to L16 wave on the way to the PS3.  Does this mean that the sound quality of a 24 bit flac file is diminished when playing the file using DLNA as opposed to plugging another PC to the receiver?

Forgive the basic nature of this question.  I guess I am just trying to confirm my worst fears.

L16 means 16-bits, so 24-bit content will be down-converted.  I'm not sure if any DLNA boxes (or the PS3) support 24-bit audio?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

jconde

• Recent member
Re: mc14 and PS3 with DLNA
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 11:11:13 am »

L16 means 16-bits, so 24-bit content will be down-converted.  I'm not sure if any DLNA boxes (or the PS3) support 24-bit audio?

Thanks for the info.  I hope somebody know if the PS3 supports 24 bit.  Would you happen to know if my MC gapless settings will apply to the PS3 with DLNA?

kurushi

• Citizen of the Universe
Pages: [1]   Go Up