INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Broadcasting option?  (Read 979 times)

Okidoky

Broadcasting option?
« on: February 17, 2010, 04:09:59 pm »

This is the best Multi media player If it has DSP like a shoutcast.
yeah..someone posted how to broadcast with MC+Shoutcast server+ Oddcast.
but hard way. a lot of work
will JRiver get a broadcasting option(like a Virture DJ's option) or a plug-in(like a shoutcast)?

MusicHawk

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Broadcasting option?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 05:37:28 pm »

Assuming you mean, use MC to broadcast music...

The licensing requirements for public performance of music, including broadcasting by any means, are quite stringent and complex, and require precise playlist control, and logging and reporting (and payments) that are not capabilities of MC that I know of.

And keep in mind there are two levels of licensing -- songs, and recorded performances of songs. Both are protected by multiple levels of copyrights and licenses and laws.

The only way to avoid all of this is to broadcast only self-composed and self-performed songs, or songs where licensing is directly obtained from composers and performers. That's a small niche for MC to target.

If you mean, use MC to broadcast video...

Same basic legal factors, since every creation is copyrighted (automatically) by its creator and/or licensees, who have total legal control over use of their works. Only truly original work, containing nothing that is copyrighted (no background music, nothing) can be freely performed/broadcast without a license, etc. (I know this is widely ignored, lots of violations on YouTube, for instance, but that doesn't make it legal.)
Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.
Pages: [1]   Go Up