INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: off to angel  (Read 782 times)

zevele1

off to angel
« on: July 01, 2002, 06:07:37 am »

Tell me your post about riaa  is a joke or it is the true?

If yes can you put a link where to read it

Sorry ,but it is difficult for me to believe that it is true

Do not take offence ,but it is so big ,that i would like to be sure before posting it

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
RE:off to angel
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2002, 06:15:56 am »

z,
It was a joke.

Jim
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

zevele1

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2002, 06:31:57 am »

Jimh

I know you want this place to be "Suisse"
But they are so idiots,that such a statement was possible in one way

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2002, 06:37:23 am »

More than being a Switzerland in this dispute, we'd like to preserve good relations with both users and record labels.

I understand the frustration users feel with the RIAA, and I think they are not always nice, but they also are frustrated with users who take music without compensation.

When both sides cool off a little, there might be a real conversation.

Calling them idiots just adds to the hostilities.

This must have a familiar sound for you.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

DocLotus

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2002, 06:40:25 am »

A Joke?  Wonderful, simply wonderful!!

Why do people do these things?

There are a lot of gullible people out there that believe that if they read it in print, or is reported on by the press, that it must be true.  It often gets picked up by others & re-reported as the truth.  If this happens often enough, we have a situation whereby it becomes impossible to convince people that it was only a joke or a figment of ones imagination.

Case in point… The Bermuda Triangle, Area 51, space aliens, little green men, etc.

It’s one thing to put items into print that are done in a funny way, but is an entirely different thing to put outright lies into print.  It simple belittles the help that this great site provides by creating questionable comments that can’t be believed.

There is an outlet for such nonsense (for those who want it)… it’s called the National Inquirer or any of the other supermarket check out counter junk magazines or so-called newspapers.  

So PLEASE… if you have a preponderance towards trashy news, please keep it to yourself, or at least tell us that it is a joke so the gullible among use won’t take it for fact.

THANKS… & HAVE FUN!!!

zevele1

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2002, 07:26:48 am »

JimH
Ok so they are not idiots,may i say that ,from outside,they do not look that intelligent?
Of cause i understand they are frustated
But they had to be frustated when Napster was out-it is now a 5 years old storie-put them to justice AND GIVE PEOPLE AN ALTERNATIVE

Except Emusic,the only way to get music on the web is to steal it.
Do you think that if a kind of service like Emusic with they catalogue on it AT CHEAP PRICE.I know you said it cost to do it,but they will have millions people paying every month
So do you thing that people will use any p2p?
If they had put music on the net at this time,no Kazza,no Imesh,no Audiogalaxy.Just few very underground places and FTP

They look like communist dictature.And,out of the blue,in few hours the Berlin wall is down,in few days Romania is free

Now read it .Outside US there is a site with music.U2-REM-all the mtv junk to download.LEGAL,you pay $ 25 a month for unlimited downloads,mp3 or Windows format,free to burn if you want

I gave you once the adress,but not to everyone,cause the site was ,let say primitive,.I got an email from them telling me that they improved a lot.I will take a 'one night download' and check it

You start to know me...so i wanted to understand really what was going on
My lawyer -who is a friend- and speaks spanish,contacted them.Telling a "big story ' kind of wanting to put announcement on they site and so on,but wanting to be sure everything is ok
I asked my father who knows many hight level people in this country
This site is 100% legal.They put music that are only on spanish labels,and they pay the spanish riaa for each download
There is NO limitation about the place from where people download.
Just,one download=? cents

If,after my next try i see that they are ok now-the tag of mp3 was really bad and windows format without tags- of cause i will give the adress around me

So why are they putting the last Pink at x dollars no burnable,no transferable when there is a 100% LEGAL place when you can get it cheap and burnable
Now if they think they can close a 100% legal site according to the spanish law in a country who dislike USA.i want to see it...
Pages: [1]   Go Up