INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Picasa facial feature recognition would be nice in JRiver  (Read 2280 times)

mphilip

• Recent member
Picasa facial feature recognition would be nice in JRiver
« on: January 08, 2010, 08:31:46 am »

I just tried Name tags in Picasa 3.6 &  It was pretty cool. A facial recognition tool would be a pretty nice feature for the image portion of J River Media Center to help categorize photo's more rapidly. One thing that does suck is that it doesn't embed the tags in the picture so I think you would have to re-tag on another machine. Other than that Media Centers tagging is far more superior & customizable.

I think I will Continue to tag with Media Center, but I figured I'd a post something for a wish list.

rgjordan

• Recent member
Re: Picasa facial feature recognition would be nice in JRiver
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 06:26:50 pm »

I had Picasa taga 20,000 photos based on facial recognition. Wonder if there is a way to import these tags in to MC?

Rob

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 07:33:17 pm »

I had Picasa taga 20,000 photos based on facial recognition. Wonder if there is a way to import these tags in to MC?
Can you export from Picassa to a spreadsheet or another standard format?

raldo

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 04:25:04 am »

Rob
Yes, you can use AvPicFaceXmpTagger to export Picasa's face tags to Microsoft Photo 1.2 schema. (that's an XMP schema stored in the image)

Then you can use my plugin to import Microsoft Photo 1.2 schema to MC. More details here
Pages: [1]   Go Up