INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with 3D  (Read 1274 times)

risingdamp

• Galactic Citizen
Help with 3D
« on: February 20, 2010, 02:22:29 pm »

I'm trying to get to grips with the 3D view in MC14 but having some difficulty.  I'm using view schemes imported from MC12. One view scheme based on Album Artist/Album (with inclusion of a favourite album tag) is working nicely and grouping all tracks from an album in one 3d thumbnail.  Another view scheme however that looks to be set up almost identically (execpt for the favourite album tag) shows all tracks individually in 3D view instead of under an Album thumbnail.  I've had a good poke around in the settings but can't find the solution.  Can someone help?
JLee

risingdamp

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Help with 3D
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 09:06:41 am »

Just bumping this in the hope of a reply.

How can I get 3D view to group tracks into Albums?
JLee

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 12:50:35 pm »

I don't understand the question. If you have one view that works, and one that doesn't, why don't you just use the one that works? If you want different variations of the view, copy and modify it, or create new ones.

risingdamp

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 01:31:50 pm »

Ok I tried that.  The view that works is pretty simple...  Just includes files tagged with Favorite Album = Y, then sort by album then by track #.  I copied this and remove the Favorite album rule so I can see all albums and then it stops grouping the tracks into albums.  Any idea why?
JLee

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2010, 02:14:52 pm »

Hi there J. Lee, great to see you're still alive!! :)

I just ran into a similar problem, where a view I created worked a treat, I then copied that view and tweaked it a little (reversed the sorting). The reverse sorting change refused to take, and I could not see what exactly was going on. Sorting appeared to be random, but every refresh and subsequent attempt at rebuilding the view, produced the same results, so, whatever it was, it wasn't random.

I was stumped...

Then I remembered that MC keeps a 'list sort cache', so:

I closed MC
Browsed to the library folder
Deleted the 'Cache' folder found in there
Restarted MC
Applied the sort rules to the view in question...
Hey Presto, Clap of the hands, a few magnesium flares, and all is working as expected and I can now see the last 15 albums imported.

I don't know why this happens, but there you go, worked for me, might work for you too.

Cheers,
-marko.

risingdamp

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2010, 02:51:01 pm »

Hey Marko!  Great to know you're still alive too.  How did you know it was me? 

I've been running happily with MR12 alongside my NR interface for years but had to upgrade in the end 'cos MC12 didn't play nicely with my iPod classis and Windows 7.

Anyway, I tried deleting the cache and it didn't work.  I even tried setting the views up from scratch just the way the existing ones are set up and the result was the same.  When I remove the fav album tag from the rule it goes pear shaped.  I'm guessing that removing that tag is including some files that MC doesn't like and forces it to stop grouping by album.

The new customise view panels are confusing too.  There is a sort section in the bit where you customise the panes and details view and also a sort under 'advanced', set rules for file display.  You can have different values in each so which one wins?
JLee
Pages: [1]   Go Up