INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Smartlist/Playlist behaviour different between MC13/MC14  (Read 1526 times)

dprime

• Recent member
Smartlist/Playlist behaviour different between MC13/MC14
« on: February 21, 2010, 08:11:22 am »

Smartlists and Playlists have a top area with information/notes and a bottom area with the file list.

The top area can be minimised/maximised by clicking the small arrow thingy at the top right of the list.

The lists always seem to open with the top area maximised (even if I minimised it on an earlier selection). Is there a configuration option or another way to allow lists to open with the top area minimised?

I use MC for DJing on a laptop with quite a small screen and lots of small playlists. It's annoying to have to keep minimising the top area of playlists to be able to see the file list...

dprime

• Recent member
Re: Smartlist/Playlist behaviour different between MC13/MC14
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 01:48:23 pm »

On further investigation, it looks like this is a change of behaviour between MC 13 and MC14:

On MC 13 (and 12) If the top area is minimised, then new selected playlists open with the top area minimised.  It the top area is maximised then new selected playlists open with the top area maximised.

In MC14, playlists always seem to open with the top area maximised.

Is this change of behaviour intentional? or is it a a bug? or maybe I've missed a configuration option somewhere?

dprime

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 04:29:55 pm »

Can anyone help with this please?

If not, I guess I'll have to revert to MC13 for DJing...

dprime

• Recent member
Revert from MC14 to MC13 - Was: Smartlist/Playlist different on MC13/MC14
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 03:46:35 pm »

OK, so I'm trying to move back from MC14 to MC13 because of the problems I was having with smartlists while DJing on a laptop with a small screeen (see earlier posts).

I tried just using the MC14 database for MC13, but it refuses to do that as it says that the library is from an incompatible version of MC.

I next tried exporting all the playlists from MC14, which seems to work nicely putting the playlists into a directory structure which matches the playlist groups.

Now I have two problems:
1) How can I import the playlists to retain the directory structure as playlist groups?
2) The smartlists have been exported as playlists. how can I export them in bulk as smartlists, so that I can import them into MC13?     I have over 400 smartlists, so I don't want to do this individually...

Alternatively, are there some tricks I can use to get MC13 to accept an MC14 database?

Code levels are: MC13.0.171 and MC14.0.130

Thanks,
David

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2010, 10:42:08 am »

The roll-up not remembering its state looks like a bug.  It will be fixed in a coming build of Media Center 14.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

dprime

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2010, 12:17:10 pm »

Thanks Matt,

I look forward seeing the fix. It'll make things easier for DJing on a small screen.

David
Pages: [1]   Go Up