INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: An odd question about MP3/CD Players  (Read 954 times)

labtunes2003

• nothing more to say...
An odd question about MP3/CD Players
« on: April 22, 2003, 10:43:34 am »

First off I just bacame a new user of Media Jukebox and I think it is great.  

I am converting files to MP3 and burning them with the intention of playing them on a cd/mp3 player. For reasons too boring and long to explain, I need to be able to fast forward and rewind within each of the mp3 songs when listening to them a the cd/mp3 player. So far I have purchased (and then returned) two players which will allow me to skip to the next song but not WITHIN the song. Is this something that is even possible or have I just found a couple of companies (panasonic and Rio)  that won't allow this?

If anyone has any advice or knowledge or even a player that works the way I would like, I would appreciate hearing from you. Thanks!!

elgibby

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Go Red Sox
Re: An odd question about MP3/CD Players
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2003, 11:04:10 am »

Alas, I've never heard of a CD/MP3 player that will do that. I think it's because the files are "pulled off" the CD and stored in the CD/MP3 player's flash memory for playback (as opposed to on a computer HD, or a WAV file being played from a laser reading a spinning disc).
But I don't have any experience with a flash memory player -- do those things allow moving forward and back within a song??

Pages: [1]   Go Up