INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Updating the Library - Risks  (Read 1022 times)

Jettgod

• Recent member
Updating the Library - Risks
« on: February 23, 2010, 11:41:01 am »

Hi All,

Due to a change in my PCs and a change in my music player along with my own incompetence I have ended up with my Audio Library in a bit of a state! I now appear to have the music files (MP3/FLAC/WMA/OGG) stored in at least 3 different folders on my hard drive. Consequently in looking at my Library some files are showing 3 times, some twice, and some once - which could be in any of the 3 folders!. For efficiency and ease of backups etc I now want to ensure that all of the files are in one folder.

I have done the first part and through comparison software in Windows (another long story) I now at least have all of the required files in the correct master folder (My Music) - although I have not yet deleted any files from the other two folders.

From a Media jukebox perspective which is now the best way to proceed in respect of "re-discovering" my Library so that only the one folder/directory is looked at, and even more importantly, how my 100 or so playlists are protected?

As you can imagine I am rather nervous about proceeding, because from a distant memory in another lifetime and with a different player I believe I did something similar with disastrous consequences!

Any suggestions appreciated - Thanks

Jettgod
Pages: [1]   Go Up