INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upgrade to v14 Question  (Read 1188 times)

Thaum

• Recent member
Upgrade to v14 Question
« on: February 23, 2010, 07:20:32 pm »

Since I didn't see another category better suited for this question, I am posting it here.

CEO Jim, this question should not ever have to be asked.  Which is exactly why I asked you privately in the first place, early in 2009, when I first considered upgrading.  I never got the answer then, so I did not upgrade, and forgot all about it until now.

The answer to my question should be easily found on BOTH the "Restoring a License" page located here:

http://www.jrmediacenter.com/restore.html

AND it should also be found on the "Downloading Old Versions" page located here:

http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php/Old_Versions

But obviously it is not.  Hence, me having to post this public cry for help.

Since it is designed to have to have an old version installed in order to upgrade to a newer version, I am forced to pollute my system by installing the older version I have a license for.  I have a license for MC v9.  Thus, my one and extremely simple question:

WHERE DO I DOWNLOAD v9 FROM???

v9 is neither listed nor even mentioned on either of the two links above, exactly where it should be listed and mentioned.

Thaum

• Recent member
Re: Upgrade to v14 Question
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 08:08:54 pm »

While reading through various posts, I came across someone asking if they had to install v13 in order to upgrade to v14.  Matt replied with the below response:

Install MC 14.  Then restore your MC 13 license.  Then purchase through MC 14.

Will this method work from v9 to v14?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 08:14:07 pm »

There should be no reason to install old versions.  Install the latest, install your old license, then purchase.

Thanks for considering an upgrade.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Thaum

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2010, 08:28:44 pm »

There should be no reason to install old versions.  Install the latest, install your old license, then purchase.

Thanks for considering an upgrade.

I agree there should be no reason to do so, but yet that is what your instruction say you have to do.

I suggest rewording your web pages to reflect what is true and correct, and you may get more customers upgrading knowing they in fact do not need to pollute their systems with an older version to upgrade, which is exactly what your web pages portray..
Pages: [1]   Go Up