INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Purchasing Without Internet Access  (Read 1036 times)

Thaum

• Recent member
Purchasing Without Internet Access
« on: February 23, 2010, 08:37:16 pm »

Is there anyway to purchase without installing v14?

No.  Sorry. 
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=52305.msg357169#msg357169

I find it hard to believe you would lock out potential customers because they do not want to connect a system to the Internet.  From the answer to the above question, I doubt I will get an answer I like, but here goes:

I have both a Netbook with very limited storage space (it has a 32GB SSD instead of a hard drive) that I use for work, and a home computer.  I have no Internet access at home, nor can I easily take the home computer to somewhere that does have Internet access.  It is a very large case, and I have it secured very well.  Nor would I want to have it connect to the Internet due to safety issues.  I use it for editing, and I do not want to install a firewall, virus programs, Etc...  Therefore connecting to the net would be an obvious no-no.

If I installed v14 and purchased the upgrade on my Netbook, can I copy certain files over to my home computer to make it a registered version?  Otherwise I will not be able to use MC v14 on my home computer, which is the one I would be purchasing it for and using it on.  I would have to very quickly uninstall it from my Netbook since I have very limited storage space on it.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Purchasing Without Internet Access
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 08:59:49 pm »

I find it hard to believe you would lock out potential customers because they do not want to connect a system to the Internet.  From the answer to the above question, I doubt I will get an answer I like, but here goes:

I have both a Netbook with very limited storage space (it has a 32GB SSD instead of a hard drive) that I use for work, and a home computer.  I have no Internet access at home, nor can I easily take the home computer to somewhere that does have Internet access.  It is a very large case, and I have it secured very well.  Nor would I want to have it connect to the Internet due to safety issues.  I use it for editing, and I do not want to install a firewall, virus programs, Etc...  Therefore connecting to the net would be an obvious no-no.

If I installed v14 and purchased the upgrade on my Netbook, can I copy certain files over to my home computer to make it a registered version?  Otherwise I will not be able to use MC v14 on my home computer, which is the one I would be purchasing it for and using it on.  I would have to very quickly uninstall it from my Netbook since I have very limited storage space on it.

You can buy online with one computer, then use the Install Key to license one that is offline.  The Install Key lasts for 14 days.  More info under Purchase above.
Pages: [1]   Go Up