INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to get song ratings consistent between MC and MM?  (Read 1583 times)

Lunatique

• World Citizen
How to get song ratings consistent between MC and MM?
« on: February 24, 2010, 10:39:16 am »

I've been trying to get the song ratings I've set in another program to show up in MC, and there doesn't seem to be a way to do this? It uses a unique 1/2 star steps in-between full-star ratings, and I'm guessing even if they do show up in MC, they'd be rounded off to the nearst full star--but rounded up or down a star?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: How to get song ratings consistent between MC and MM?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 10:45:51 am »

They won't show up. 

gvanbrunt

• MC Beta Team
  • MC Nerd
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 07:12:52 pm »

MM = MusicMatch? If so I did this years ago when I finally wised up and switched to MC. :) I don't remember the exact steps, but I did use some external tagging program to convert them. That "was back" in the MC10 days I think, so these kinds of programs are much better now. You should be able to find something that works.

Lunatique

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 09:10:00 pm »

MM = MusicMatch? If so I did this years ago when I finally wised up and switched to MC. :) I don't remember the exact steps, but I did use some external tagging program to convert them. That "was back" in the MC10 days I think, so these kinds of programs are much better now. You should be able to find something that works.

I've been trying both and MC14 is the one I ended up buying a full license for, because I've already been using Media Jukebox for a long time and with the VST hosting and the quick response to my request for a faster response time to professional spectrum analyzers, I've been quite impressed with J River.

gvanbrunt

• MC Beta Team
  • MC Nerd
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2010, 09:18:07 pm »

Ah yes that one. Each has their advantages, but MC is better for "high end" features for sure. Still I think you can convert the ratings tags with an external program.

Lunatique

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2010, 09:57:21 pm »

They won't show up. 

Are there 3rd-party tag converters that can remedy that? What's strange is that MM's tagging system is supposed to be compatible with other media librarians like WMP11, but so is J River's products. But between MM and MC/MJ there's no compatibility? I even tried using only full-stars in MM but the rating did not show up in MC, while there's a feature in MM to import your ratings from MC/MJ.
Pages: [1]   Go Up