INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Still open: Picture import is impossible to switch off completely  (Read 2059 times)

globetrotters1

• Citizen of the Universe

hello again,

I switched off everything which has to do with pictures, everything I found in the options dialogues, everything!

Within my pretty large music database I store all album related pics within an additional SCANS folder. So far so good.
The big problem for me is that the program imports picture files nonetheless, although it should just look for the cover
art image (Folder.jpg in the main album folder) and nothing else.

How can I please switch off the whole annoying import of these other picture files?

thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Still open: Picture import is impossible to switch off completely
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 05:41:53 pm »

In Import options, set up an Exclude for that folder.  It's the same as adding any folder, but you check the option to exclude it.

globetrotters1

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 06:03:18 pm »

ok I'll try that, thanks

globetrotters1

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2010, 06:36:14 pm »

Jim,

I now know what you meant... but that cannot be done for a general folder name!

In EACH album folder I have a SCANS subfolder, which should get excluded. Or am I wrong?

I can't define approximately 20'000 SCANS subfolders there... or can I just define a folder name without path?

Wondering... :)

(at least it takes the value SCANS without any path... we'll see)

globetrotters1

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2010, 06:41:48 pm »

no, doesn't work, sorry :(

but your idea is good... why not allowing to enter

.\Scans\

then you know that all subfolders with the name "Scans" should be excluded... would be cool :)

gvanbrunt

• MC Beta Team
  • MC Nerd
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2010, 08:53:50 pm »

Open Options->Library and Folders. For your Auto Import Folders Click on the "drop down arrow" and select "Settings for this folder". Click Advanced. Make sure no Video or Image file formats are selected. That should stop all images from importing...

globetrotters1

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2010, 06:31:30 am »

thanks for the hint, gvanbrunt

I now know what it is: if I let MC14 import automatically a newly add album folder, it DOESN'T import pictures according to my settings (correct!), but if I copy an album folder onto the media hard disk RAID and right-click on it in Windows Explorer and choose "Media Center"-"Import" then it DOES import pictures nonetheless (incorrect! this seems to be a totally different process module which doesn't honor the settings)

hint for the developers... :)

gvanbrunt

• MC Beta Team
  • MC Nerd
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2010, 06:09:39 pm »

The AutoImport settings are only for AutoImport, not "Forced import" from Explorer. I'm curious as to why you are doing a "forced import" on folders that are already set to autoimport.

Wow, that almost sounds like an Abott and Costello routine... :)

globetrotters1

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2010, 02:08:43 pm »

some people are used to a certain workflow from older versions of JR MC and sometimes it's just like built-in... I know, you don't know such things... but there are also people out there - like me for instance - who are not perfect like you...

:) :) :)

gvanbrunt

• MC Beta Team
  • MC Nerd
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2010, 04:25:11 pm »

Sorry, the Abott and Costello comment was about my own post with about 27 references to Auto-Import and Forced Import in one sentance. I wasn't trying to say anything about your procedures. I'm sure I have my own that are less than stellar... :) In fact one of the main reasons I constanty read the forums is to learn from others.

I'm still curious as to what your motivations are for doing it, and I'm sure the devleopers are as well. There are several reasons: perhaps there is a better way, the current behaviour may need to be changed, or pehaps it may even lead to some insight on other things that need to be addressed. Knowing a persons reasoning for somthing is often more important than knowing what they want changed.

gappie

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2010, 04:39:31 pm »

maybe a change of workflow could help. i also used the right click import in the past because the auto import sometimes feels to slow (just a few seconds, but sometimes it needs a restart). i disabled the shell integration (rough but it kept me from importing this way  8) ) and added a 'run autoimport' now to my toolbar. and this works very easy an quick.
jus a suggestion..

:)
gab

globetrotters1

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2010, 07:03:00 pm »

thanks, guys, I did exactly that... disabled the shell integration that I'm forced to use the new workflow :)

anyway, your hints were very much appreciated and we found the problem :) and have a new problem with the track mess... see new thread
Pages: [1]   Go Up