INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Schedule a Recording  (Read 1405 times)

thebame

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Schedule a Recording
« on: April 21, 2003, 10:34:57 am »

I just downloaded and purchased Media Jukebox.  There is something called Media Scheduler that I am very interested in.  I have my radio going into the line in port on my computer.  I would like to be able to record a radio program that I am not able to listen to during the day.

I am able to manually record from the line in port with no problems.  When I set it up to schedule a recording it doesn't work.  The recording doesn't start and a file is never created.  What is wrong?

I have Window 98SE
Creative Sound Blaster for my Sound Card.

Thanks in advance for your help!

xen-uno

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Checking your hard disk for errors...
Re: Schedule a Recording
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2003, 02:39:29 pm »

Here's the link. Syntax is extremely important. Last I heard MJ did fine on starting a recording session but had some trouble stopping it. Maybe latest build ( 398 ) fixed it. Look at the MJ Help file for further usage info.

10-27

thebame

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2003, 06:15:09 pm »

I'm sorry.  I'm totally confused right now.  I saw the link that was about command line parameters.

I was interested in recording similar to the way a VCR records television programs.  I would like Media Jukebox to record from the line in port on my computer at the times I set up.

I should be doing that from media scheduler, right?  The scheduler activates or opens Media Jukebox but I don't see it starting the recording or creating the file.

Should I be setting up the recording through command line parameters?  If so I didn't see one that would make the application record.  Which one should I be using?

Again, thanks for the help.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2003, 06:17:43 pm »

Recording from line-in should work from Media Scheduler.  Make sure you have the latest version.  It's 8.0.398.

xen-uno

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2003, 07:10:33 pm »

You do all hands off (automated) operations through Media Scheduler and manual operations interactively through MJ. Even the latest version (MC9) uses MS for time shifting (video and audio).

The command line is burly...once you get used to it you'll probably start using Windows' command prompt also. From there you'll probably start looking for other command line apps (ie Word for Command Line, CommandLineAmp and CommandLineZip to name a few). You'll find that the need the pretty icons, flashy user interface, and pointing devices will diminish...that the power of the keyboard will make all that other stuff seem redundant and unnecessary. Beware though, the command line is addictive and is pedal to the metal power, so use it at your own risk.

10-27

thebame

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2003, 08:20:44 pm »

JimH.  My Media Jukebox is version 8.0.398.  The Media Scheduler is version 1.0.  These are the most current, right?  I believe they are.

xen-uno,
Sorry to be so direct.  What specific command line should I be using to make the scheduled recording work?  As JimH mentioned I believe the way to set up a scheduled recording is through Media Scheduler, right?  If that is not the case please provide specifics.  Thanks.

xen-uno

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2003, 09:40:44 pm »

OK...

Forgive me, I was wrong in consideration of what you want to do. Fire up Media Scheduler. You'll see a "Add One Time Task" button. Click on it. In the Action list are the commands you need. Select the "Start Recording" task then set a start and stop time. This should fire up MJ if it's not running. If not, then precede "Start Recording" with the "Start Media Jukebox" task. It's that easy. Do a couple of supervised tests to make sure that it does indeed start and stop correctly. For further info do a search for Media Scheduler in the v8 Help file.

10-27
Pages: [1]   Go Up