INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Keyboard with Multi-media (Logitech)  (Read 667 times)

JNKH

Keyboard with Multi-media (Logitech)
« on: June 29, 2002, 11:11:51 pm »

Hi MJ,

Any plan to support Keyboards with Multi-media controls like Logitech iTouch?  This allow us to start up MJ through the keyboard, and also use the PLAY, NEXT TRACK etc.

Tinitus

RE:Keyboard with Multi-media (Logitech)
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2002, 11:42:56 pm »

Hi JNKH
Well - actually it is Logitech that doesn’t support MJ - not the other way around (check the keyboards list of supported players).
When I was new to MJ I had the same problem like you and found the solution here on interact.

You have to add a line to Logitech’s "players.ini" file.
"players.ini", on my computer, is placed here:
"c:\Program Files\Logitech\iTouch\players.ini"

Place this line (without the quotes) just under the [Players] section:
"MediaJukebox=cmd,media jukebox.exe,MJFrame,MEDIA JUKEBOX,xxx,32778,32779,32780,32781,32782,0,1,Media Jukebox"

I have the Logitech cordless desktop (cordless mouse & keyboard) and on the keyboard is button called "Media". Pressing this, pops up a list of registered players.

If you wan't to add MJ to this list you have to add a key in the registry.
Save the text below into a file called something like "mj.reg", double-click on it from the explorer and accept adding the key to the registry:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\mplayer2.exe]
@="\"C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\mplayer2.exe\""
"Path"="\"C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\""

Now restart the computer and hit – now MJ should pop up in the list. ;o)

JNKH

RE:Keyboard with Multi-media (Logitech)
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2002, 02:31:41 am »

Hi Tinitus

I have the same wondeful keyboard as you- the Logitech Freedom.  I've followed your recommendation, and it works perfectly.  I actually went to Logitech web site, but they only gave half the solution - the Regedit.  But your players.ini information was what I needed.  It now works perfectly.

Thank you for your kind attention.

Pages: [1]   Go Up