INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 14.0.155 -- Available Here  (Read 4785 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 14.0.155 -- Available Here
« on: March 05, 2010, 10:47:02 am »

This is a beta version of MC 14.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/MediaCenter140155.exe

14.0.155 (03/03/2010)

1. Changed: Improved JRiver Audio Renderer clocking method to improve lip-sync.
2. Fixed: If WAV tagging was disabled (the default), setting cover art to the WAV files could still result in the database incorrectly switching the image field to "Inside File".
3. Fixed: Netflix feature could fail to authorize user if the computer's clock was off quite a bit.

14.0.154 (03/02/2010)

1. Changed: Added support for [App Version] keyword when customizing the display at the top of the program.
2. Changed: [internal change]
3. Changed: DVD audio/video decoder enumeration is done in JRWorker so that bad filters can not cause crashes.
4. Changed: DSP Studio > Room Correction only applies distance based attenuation across matched speaker sets (phasing correction is still applied across all speakers in play).

14.0.153 (03/01/2010)

1. NEW: Added jump on play option "Theater View Playing Now" so playing from Standard View will show Theater View.  Under General/Behavior.
2. Fixed: Right-clicking television playback and selecting "Select Filters..." could crash.
3. Changed: Playback will no longer attempt to support files that report a sample rate less than 0 or greater than one million (corrupt files could cause crashes).
4. Fixed: The rollup state of playlist and podcast view headers was not being saved between view switches and program runs.
5. Fixed: On a fresh install, a 'Default' library entry would not get created in Library Manager, making it difficult to switch back to the default library after loading a different library.
6. Fixed: Zone settings for obsolete zones (like DLNA devices that have been disconnected, etc.) could accumulate in options.
7. Fixed: When looping through a list during in-place editing, the column headers could become mis-aligned with the columns.
8. NEW: Added DSP Studio > Output Format option "For stereo sources, only mix to 2.1".
9. Fixed: Right-clicking television playback and selecting "Select Filters..." resulted in a dialog window with empty drop-down lists.
10. Optimized: Improved internal data movement performance of JRiver Audio Renderer.
11. NEW: When a Blu-ray disc is in the drive, it will appear more nicely inside the program and playing the entry will launch the bdmv in the default player for bdmv files.

14.0.152 (02/26/2010)

1. NEW: Ripped DVD's can be streamed to DLNA renderers .
2. Fixed: Seeking using the JRiver audio renderer could cause a crash.
3. Fixed: MC could fail to play a DVD using FFDShow Video Decoder due to the decoder's lack of Closed Captioning support.
4. Changed: Relaxed the requirement that audio PID must be positive, to allow 0 to be entered, when manually adding a DVB-T channel.
5. Optimized: Reduced chances of WASAPI hiccups when using very low buffer latency settings.
6. Changed: Improved smoothness of the clock provided by the JRiver audio renderer during video playback.
7. Changed: Updated German language file (thanks to Bytestar).
8. Fixed: The DSP Studio Output Format setting "Surround mixing" was disabled when selecting "Stereo", making it impossible to select JRSS v2.0 for 5.1 or 7.1 downmixing.

14.0.151 (02/24/2010)

1. Fixed: During television playback, the JRiver audio renderer would not be used.
2. Fixed: A timeout when reading from an internet resource could cause a crash.
3. Optimized: When using the JRiver Audio Renderer for video playback, the DSP Studio is managed by the renderer instead of inserting a discrete DSP Studio transform filter in the playback graph.
4. Changed: Revised how clocking in JRiver Audio Renderer works so that it nicely supports tempo and rate changes in DSP Studio (or other similar VST, etc. plugins).
5. Fixed: JRiver audio renderer caused some videos to repeat the last sound byte forever.

14.0.150 (02/23/2010)

1. Fixed: Some WAV tags could cause the program to hang.
2. Fixed: Switching between a Directshow audio filter and a Media Center plugin for audio decoding would unnecessarily do a full-stop transition, making cross-fading, gapless, etc. impossible.
3. Changed: Improved lip-sync when using JRiver audio renderer (may require one seek before lip-sync is correct).
4. Changed: Theater View's Playing Now looks and works better when playback is stopped.
5. Changed: Improved support of mu-law encoded AU files.
6. Fixed: Slim view would incorrectly do Windows 7-like edge snapping. (still snaps to edges, just doesn't fill half the screen)
7. Changed: Playing a physical DVD when connected to a library server that had also played that DVD would not work.
8. Changed: JRiver audio renderer can be used for DVD, TV, and video playback.
9. Fixed: The more sophisticated resampling options from build 148 were not being honored during video playback.

14.0.149 (02/19/2010)

1. Fixed: Theater View list selection wouldn't properly reset to the beginning of a list when navigating into an item.
2. Optimized: Improved program shutdown performance.
3. Fixed: The new Playing Now in Theater View could hide the first file in the list view.
4. Internal: Revised how output plugins are loaded (should be internal change only, please report any issues).
5. Changed: Scheduled television recording will stop a low priority recording if a higher priority recording is scheduled.

14.0.148 (02/18/2010)

1. Fixed: Loading a DLNA library from some NAS drives would not support FLAC files.
2. Changed: Tightened up item spacing at bottom of Theater View's Playing Now.
3. Changed: Updated German language file (thanks Bytestar).
4. Chef's Recommendation  NEW: Added ASIO 'Volume' option to allow customization of the system volume device controlled during ASIO playback (since ASIO device names do not always match Windows device names).
5. Changed: Improved volume matching mode during ASIO playback when the volume option is set to 'Automatically try to choose at playback time'.
6. Changed: When replacing Microsoft DTV-DVD audio decoder with another decoder during video, DVD, and television playback that involves AC3 audio decoding, a prominent message is displayed to show user of progress.
7. Fixed: MC could repeatedly download and install FLV splitter filter on Windows 7 due to failure to access registry.
8. Chef's Recommendation  NEW: Output Format in DSP Studio allows more sophisticated resampling settings, making it easier to leave sample rates supported by your hardware untouched while resampling unsupported formats.
9. Changed: Updated copyright years on about and splash images.
10. Fixed: When playing a video, incorrect values could show in DSP Studio > Volume Leveling (replay gain not available for videos).

14.0.147 (02/17/2010)

1. NEW: Theater View's Playing Now has functional position, volume, and star ratings (all items have left, right, enter functionality -- currently requires a remote or keyboard for functionality)
2. Fixed: The new Theater View Playing Now 'Info' panel was not tied to the correct file.
3. Changed: When Theater View jumps to Playing Now, it does it relative to the current view so "Back" will return to the previous view.
4. Changed: Theater View will jump to Playing Now when starting audio playback, a single
click will return. (can still be customized in Options > Theater View)

14.0.146 (02/16/2010)

1. NEW: Theater View has a new and improved Playing Now. (still a work in progress)
2. Changed: Pressing [Delete] at the end of an edit control no longer acts like pressing [Backspace].
3. Fixed: Windows 7 taskbar playback buttons would not be visible after restarting Media Center with Media Server already running.
4. Changed: By default, DLNA servers use relative URLs in their descriptions instead of full URLs. (can be changed in Options > DLNA > Server > Advanced > Use full URLs instead of relative URLs)

14.0.145 (02/15/2010)

1. NEW: Added Windows 7 snap-like functionality to the main application. (snaps to sides of displays, snaps to internal edges of multi-monitor systems, maximizes when snapping to top, works on any operating system)
2. Fixed: The mode 'Always active' vs 'Active when visible' displayed in Plug-in Manager for an interface plugin could be incorrect.
3. Changed: Dutch language translation updated. (thanks bennyd!)
4. Fixed: When using the search box in 'Wizard' mode, the 'Wizard' link in the middle of the search box and clear button was not correctly clickable.
5. Fixed: The volume slider would not reliably connect to the correct sound card for a zone during DVD playback with analog sound output.
6. Changed: When being externally controlled by a DLNA controller, Media Center will disable continuous without permanently changing the continuous setting.
7. Changed: When rendering a disabled version of a button with no disabled art, a faded version of the normal image will be used instead of a faded version of the pressed image.
8. Optimized: Improved startup performance.
9. Fixed: Fixed a case where loading a corrupted JPEG could cause a program crash.

yolatengo

Coverart functionality and bug
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2010, 06:00:25 am »

Functionality needed
I want to use my iTunes library in JRiver MC, with lossless formats.  So, on itunes i have AIFF and Apple Lossless files, with coverart embedded in the files.  Unfortunately JRiver MC won't display the embedded coverart from either file type.

Bug
I don't want Coverart downloaded, so have deselected the 'Get cover art' option under Auto Import Options.  Then later i find cover art still being downloaded, so go back to options and it has been reselected!!  Possibly registry setting not getting saved?

Vincent Kars

Media Center 14.0.155 - DLNA
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2010, 03:59:54 pm »

Running 155/Win7  on both server and client.
Server=MC running
Client=MC accessing the server library by DLNA

On the server 22593 files are reported, on the client 8618.
When I tried DLNA for the first time, both reported the correct number (22593)

Server and client treat samplers different.
On the server it is album/album artist on the client it is probably album/artist.
As a result all samplers are split

On the client, the track numbers are not listed.
Unclear how tracks are sorted but I can’t play a sonata in the right sequence!

On the client tags like composer, people, comment are not populated, on the server they are.

I can inspect the tags on the client but I can also edit them.
Would be surprised if DLNA allows for editing the remote library.

Vincent Kars

Conversion
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2010, 04:30:42 pm »

On the server 22593 files are reported, on the client 8618.
When I tried DLNA for the first time, both reported the correct number (22593)

My audio is a mixture of WMAL, FLAC and MP3
If I set the server to "Never Convert" I see 22593 on the client.
If I set the server to "Always Convert" ( to WAVE) I get "there was an error trying to load the library"
If I set the server to "Convert Unsupported formats" I get those 8618
As the bulk is WMAL, it looks like this format is causing trouble when using DLNA

When using Never Convert, WMAL plays fine on the client

chasw98

• Recent member
Re: Media Center 14.0.155 -- Available Here
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2010, 05:53:55 pm »

I have tried this on 3 different machines. When I attempt to use a remote control or the keyboard in '3D Album View' and an album has more than 14 songs, I cannot select any track number higher than 14 without using the mouse. Cannot be done with keyboard or remote. This has happened in XP, Win 7 64 bit, and Vista 32 bit.

DancerMike

• Recent member
Netflix mouse works, arrow keys not
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2010, 12:50:39 pm »

When using the Netflix plugin if I move my mouse over each of my movies in the q, I get the movie info.  However I cannot use the cursor keys to get around.  Been this way for the last few versions.

Thanks!

Muzik_Man

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2010, 01:12:56 am »

Dear Administrator,

Is iTouch support a pipe dream or possible future reality?  As I understand we have been cracking iPod versions one by one, but seem to have stalled out.  Is this a done deal or can we expect to see iPhone and iTouch support for MCXX in the future?

Thanks!

PC

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2010, 07:45:02 am »

Is iTouch support a pipe dream or possible future reality?

Not until Apple becomes less restrictive.  Please read more on the iPod board here.

Absolution

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2010, 07:57:12 pm »

I've had a bug since upgrading from 14.121. The next version I could find was 14.130 and since that upgrade (and all upgrades since), I've had this VERY annoying bug.

After launching the program, I continiously get two error messages that won't go away ever. The two processes seem to keep crashing or something.
I've tried deleting my library, but that doesn't have an effect. Any reinstall won't work - the only thing that works is downgrading to 14.121. Windows event viewer doesn't show any events in software/system. I would have thought the bug would have been fixed by now, but I guess not (thought it could have been a major bug and it really makes the program unusable). So - some change between version 14.121 and 14.130 has caused this bug.

Error messages:
http://game-deception.org/mediacenter14bug.jpg

Specs:
Windows 7 x64
Intel Core i7 860/MSI P55-GD65
ATI HD 4890 (latest drivers)

Also, whenever I'm running mediacenter14, it causes some other windows' text to blink and is really annoying. As for that bug, I can't comment really since I haven't been upgrade to the latest version yet.

Vincent Kars

Online Help
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2010, 06:27:02 am »

In Options > Audio I pressed the Help button

Get the wrong page

Attention: The HELP button in Media Center 14 for the category "File Types" links to this page, which is obviously wrong
http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php/Playback_Options

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2010, 10:17:03 am »

A bug (or at least a missing feature): last.fm monitors only the active zone.

I had a long playlist playing in the Zone 1 and I switched to another zone for being able to use its Playing Now list for tagging and renaming some other files. After that I didn't immediately change back to the first zone, but the playlist in there continued to play and I enjoyed listening to the music. When I finally switched the view back to the first zone I noticed that last.fm had stopped submissions when I switched to another zone. The submissions started again after I switched back, but about 30 played tracks were missing from the list.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up