INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Product? Media Center Hub  (Read 1225 times)

jantypas

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
New Product? Media Center Hub
« on: March 06, 2010, 06:12:58 pm »

Hello all,  I don't know if this is a good idea, or even possible with MC 14, but I thought I'd ask -- maybe it's in there already and I don't even know it...

I have a small group of engineers in an office who want to share music and videos.  These are owned by the group, so that parts OK, but all items are not owned by everyone individually.  As a company, I must make the attempt to insure that files don't go walking.  I'd also like to satisfy more than the lawyers and find a way to allow this under some restraint.

I imagined MC 14's library server holding all the music and video files, but, an option would be enabled to say "Any library client may search or play files within its copy of MC, but that's it.  No sync, no convert, no saving."

Now, I could buy enough licenses for the group and then say "Fine, you can listen to the entire library (40K tracks) but you can only do this via the MC client."  Granted, I'd love a web page because the Mac users won't be happy (myself included), but we're mac users -- we couldn't print in an office until 1998...

Any ideas?  I'd even pay for a special hub version to hold the library, say $150 provided the laptop clients were reduced in price.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: New Product? Media Center Hub
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2010, 06:39:13 pm »

You might be able to use Media Jukebox for the clients.  You would need to use MJ14 (beta) since the library of MC14 is not compatible with MJ12.
Pages: [1]   Go Up