INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Custom Subgroups in Theater View  (Read 2011 times)

dbalkunjr

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Custom Subgroups in Theater View
« on: March 08, 2010, 08:32:13 pm »

I currently have my Home Videos, Movies, and TV Shows in separate folders.  What I want to do is have a category for each so that they are not all lumped together. I have been messing around with customization of the Theater Views and can't seem to get it right.  I must not be setting the rules or something correctly because I either end up having other media types show up in an "Unassigned" icon within the subgroup or some other issue that keeps me from setting them up correctly.  I see that this customization of the menu views is very powerful.  So two questions....

1.) How do I get MC set up like I want?
2.) Is there instructions on how to do this somewhere?  (I searched but maybe I am using incorrect terms and I can't come up with much.)

Thanks in advance.

P.S.  I've been using JRiver since Media Jukebox probably 8 or nine years ago and have loved it for music.  I am just now starting to set it up to use it for all my media and I really am amazed at all of the customization that is available....I just need to figure out how to harness it for my set up.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Custom Subgroups in Theater View
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 08:51:40 pm »

Thanks.  In the tag, explore "Media Sub-type".

rick.ca

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 09:42:09 pm »

This post might help.

MrHaugen

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 02:40:20 am »

There's a big chance that the "Media Sub-Type" library fields will not have all the categories you want. If so, you can create your own fields. Go in options and Library Fields to add new fields. I used "Video Type" my self, to get the tags: Music Videos, Series, Video Clips, HD Movies, DivX, Concerts and so on. This, combined with Confishy's Auto Tagger Plugin would do the trick for you, if you have the sub types in different directories!
- I may not always believe what I'm saying
Pages: [1]   Go Up