INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FLV Audio  (Read 4762 times)

maid

• Citizen of the Universe
FLV Audio
« on: August 19, 2009, 06:43:14 pm »

Hi,

I have some FLV files in my library that will play on my office machine ok but on my HTPC there is no Audio??? I use passthrough settings.

When I first tried to play it on the HTPC MC downloaded something to help it play.

Can someone help please

Cheers
Intel Core i5-4590 CPU,  Haswell Gen2,  LGA1150, 3.3GHz 6 DDR3/ 2x PCIE3.0 x16 16gb Ram Windows 10 64 bit Asus Z97-DELUXE ATX Motherboard Nvidia GForce gtx1080 Receiver Onkyo TX-NR925 TV LG LF6300 55" smart TV

lise

• MC Beta Team
Re: FLV Audio
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2009, 05:06:09 pm »

I'm running 14.0.106 and none of my flv files will play. I could swear they played with a previous version, but I could be wrong.
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

lise

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2009, 07:55:35 am »

bump?

I'd really like to get them playing again. The message I get is something like FDShow can't play the file. Close MC and restart.  So I can only guess that MC knows how to play those files if it's telling me to restart rather than "you can't play those files".
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2009, 08:33:20 am »

I have a problem, too.  I'll report it as a possible bug.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2009, 09:01:42 am »

bump?

I'd really like to get them playing again. The message I get is something like FDShow can't play the file. Close MC and restart.  So I can only guess that MC knows how to play those files if it's telling me to restart rather than "you can't play those files".

Can you email me a log? Are the FLV file YouTube downloads?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

lise

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2009, 03:05:17 pm »

Can you email me a log? Are the FLV file YouTube downloads?

I just sent you the logs.
Some are YouTube, some are not. None play.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2009, 04:26:09 pm »

I just sent you the logs.
Some are YouTube, some are not. None play.

It looks like MC was having trouble loading flv files using FLVSplitter.

Could this computer access the Internet when you tried to play the files?

Did you uncheck FLV Splitter option when you install CCCP (assuming you did install CCCP)?  In the past, the FLV Splitter that came with CCCP did not work properly for most flv files (particularly YouTube files).  I do not know if this is still true, but it is a good idea not to use the version that comes with CCCP.  Instead, you should let MC download a version automatically.

Please try finding FLVSplitter.ax in MC's plugin folder ("C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 14\Plugins\").  That would be the place where MC put the flv splitter file it downloads.  If you can find it, try manually register it, like so:

On XP -
Start > Run

type

regsvr32  "C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 14\Plugins\FLVSplitter.ax"

and click OK.

On Vista -

Start > All Programs > Accessories, right-click "Command Prompt", and choose "Run as Administator".
When the command prompt window is displayed (you may have to click a few buttons to authorize Windows to execute it) type  

and press Enter.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2009, 04:31:21 pm »

It looks like MC was having trouble loading flv files using FLVSplitter.

Could this computer access the Internet when you tried to play the files?

Did you uncheck FLV Splitter option when you install CCCP (assuming you did install CCCP)?  In the past, the FLV Splitter that came with CCCP did not work properly for most flv files (particularly YouTube files).  I do not know if this is still true, but it is a good idea not to use the version that comes with CCCP.  Instead, you should let MC download a version automatically.

Please try finding FLVSplitter.ax in MC's plugin folder ("C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 14\Plugins\").  That would be the place where MC put the flv splitter file it downloads.  If you can find it, try manually register it, like so:

On XP -
Start > Run

type

and click OK.

On Vista -

Start > All Programs > Accessories, right-click "Command Prompt", and choose "Run as Administator".
When the command prompt window is displayed (you may have to click a few buttons to authorize Windows to execute it) type  

and press Enter.
Yaobing,
My one FLV file would also not play.  I got Display View with an MC logo, no sound or audio.  I just tried registering FLVspliter.ax as you suggest.  Now I get audio, but no video.

On Vista.

Thanks,

Jim

Filter Graph Info:

Filter 'Digital Output Device (SPDIF) ('
        CLSID: {E30629D1-27E5-11CE-875D-00608CB78066}
        Host: quartz.dll
        Input Pin 'Audio Input pin (rendered)'
            Connected to pin 'Out' of filter 'ffdshow Audio Decoder'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_PCM, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx

Filter 'ffdshow Audio Decoder'
        CLSID: {0F40E1E5-4F79-4988-B1A9-CC98794E6B55}
        Host: C:\Program Files\Combined Community Codec Pack\Filters\FFDShow\ffdshow.ax
        Output Pin 'Out'
            Connected to pin 'Audio Input pin (rendered)' of filter 'Digital Output Device (SPDIF) ('
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_PCM, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx
        Input Pin 'In'
            Connected to pin 'Audio' of filter 'FLV Splitter'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type Unknown GUID Name: {00000055-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx

Filter 'FLV Splitter'
        CLSID: {47E792CF-0BBE-4F7A-859C-194B0768650A}
        Host: C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 14\Plugins\FLVSplitter.ax
        Output Pin 'Audio'
            Connected to pin 'In' of filter 'ffdshow Audio Decoder'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type Unknown GUID Name: {00000055-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx
        Output Pin 'Video'
        Input Pin 'Input'
            Connected to pin 'Output' of filter 'C:\video\Carly Simon - Coming Around Again_Itsy Bitsy Spider_ Live.flv'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Stream  Sub type Unknown GUID Name: {F2FAC0F1-3852-4670-AAC0-9051D400AC54}, Format type TIME_FORMAT_NONE

Filter 'C:\video\Carly Simon - Coming Around Again_Itsy Bitsy Spider_ Live.flv'
        CLSID: {E436EBB5-524F-11CE-9F53-0020AF0BA770}
        Host: quartz.dll
        Output Pin 'Output'
            Connected to pin 'Input' of filter 'FLV Splitter'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Stream  Sub type Unknown GUID Name: {F2FAC0F1-3852-4670-AAC0-9051D400AC54}, Format type TIME_FORMAT_NONE

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2009, 04:42:58 pm »

Now I get audio, but no video.

One more step (this, as well as the splitter registration I described in the previous post should have been done automatically in MC, I do not know why it did not work as expected):

Start > All Programs > Combined Community Codec Pack > Filters > FFDShow Video Decoder Configuration

On the FFDShow window, click "Codecs" at the top of the left pane, and then find FLV1 in "Format" column.  Make sure its value under "Decoder" column is "libavcodec" and not "disabled".

EDIT:

The above procedure can be simplified a bit by running CCCP settings program instead. 
On the first page of the CCCP settings wizard there is a check box "Flash Video (FLV1 & FLV4)".  Make sure it is checked.

lise

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2009, 04:49:01 pm »

I registered as you said.

I checked that the decoder is "libavcodec".  (However, I did not have Start > All Programs > Combined Community Codec Pack.  I found it under Start > All Programs > ffdshow)

There are two flv files I can play, but I cannot play the other three.
Unfortunately, I did not test the two that can play before following your instructions, so perhaps there was never an issue with those two.  But the other three definately could not be played, before or after.

The 2 that play are youtube. The three that do not may not be (at least one isn't).

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2009, 02:21:56 pm »

lise,

I emailed you a newer version of FLV Splitter filter.  Please try it and let me know if it helps.

Also, what version of FFDShow do you have?

Yaobing

lise

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2009, 05:42:31 pm »

I emailed you a newer version of FLV Splitter filter.  Please try it and let me know if it helps.

Thanks Yaobing. I'll give it a whirl tonight.

Also, what version of FFDShow do you have?

ffdshow audio decoder version Nov 29 2005. There is a button for all version details, but you can't copy paste, and it's quite long to go into each dll version. If there's one in particular you need to know about, let me know.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2009, 06:35:21 pm »

ffdshow audio decoder version Nov 29 2005. There is a button for all version details, but you can't copy paste, and it's quite long to go into each dll version. If there's one in particular you need to know about, let me know.

This version probably was auto-downloaded from our site.  It has worked pretty well for FLV playback, so I am not sure it is what is causing the problem.  However it is quite old.  We probably should update it.

You may not have installed the latest CCCP on your computer.  It is a good idea installing the latest version of it.  Before installing CCCP, you should uninstall your current version of FFDShow so CCCP can install the latest.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2009, 06:42:39 pm »

This version probably was auto-downloaded from our site.  It has worked pretty well for FLV playback, so I am not sure it is what is causing the problem.  However it is quite old.  We probably should update it.

You may not have installed the latest CCCP on your computer.  It is a good idea installing the latest version of it.  Before installing CCCP, you should uninstall your current version of FFDShow so CCCP can install the latest.
Yaobing,
Installing CCCP again did it for me.  The FLV file works.

Reminder to folks installing.  Uncheck the Task Bar options for FFDShow and Haali.  They will cause problems.

Thanks,

Jim

lise

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2010, 11:22:12 am »

Installing the latest cccp did the trick for me too.
Yaobing, I did not install the fddshow that you mailed me. Everything works without it. Should I install it anyway?

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2010, 01:03:23 pm »

Installing the latest cccp did the trick for me too.
Yaobing, I did not install the fddshow that you mailed me. Everything works without it. Should I install it anyway?

No, you do not need to install that. 

lise

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2010, 10:14:14 am »

I'm getting this issue again when trying to play flv files.
I was using v 14.0.147? don't recall the exact number until a few minutes ago, and some flv files would play, but most wouldn't--MC would try downloading a file, then tell me to restart the program. 

So I got v 14.0.155, tried to play a file, and MC crashed immediately.

Not sure what to look for in terms of troubleshooting.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2010, 02:31:27 pm »

I'm getting this issue again when trying to play flv files.
I was using v 14.0.147? don't recall the exact number until a few minutes ago, and some flv files would play, but most wouldn't--MC would try downloading a file, then tell me to restart the program. 

So I got v 14.0.155, tried to play a file, and MC crashed immediately.

Not sure what to look for in terms of troubleshooting.

Is CCCP installed, and what is its version?

lise

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2010, 02:44:58 pm »

Is CCCP installed, and what is its version?

Yes, I installed it on Jan 2 as per your instructions above. I can't see where the version number is located, but the bottom left of the main screen says 2009-09-09

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2010, 03:16:54 pm »

Please try the following:

1. Go to [MC install folder]\plugins\ and try finding FLVSplitter.ax.  If it is there, delete it.

2. Run CCCP Settings program (Start > All Programs > Combined Community Codec Pack > Settings.)  Click Next.  Check "Re-Register Filters" checkbox.   Click Apply.

3. Run MC again and see if there is still a problem.

lise

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2010, 03:54:04 pm »

Perfect.  Thanks Yaobing. That did the trick.
Pages: [1]   Go Up