INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Something is wrong with the DVD Video (ifo, vob) Decoder setup  (Read 2025 times)

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver

I am using build 14.0.155 with Windows 7 64 bit.

With GraphEdit I can use the ffdshow video decoder, Nvidia video decoder, Microsoft DTV-DVD video decoder, or the MPC-MPEG 2 video decoder.

With MC, I can't even select ffdshow video decoder. It isn't even available. If I choose Playback Method:  JRiver Video Engine (using DirectShow filters) and select codecs, sometimes playback works and sometimes I just get the message "DVD Playback Error."

If is set Playback Method to be set to Automatic and audio decoder, video decoder, and video render all set to Automatic it will play using the Microsoft DTV-DVD video decoder and ffdshow audio decoder. If I leave Playback Method to Automatic and change the audio or video decoder I get the message "DVD Playback Error." It is like the Automatic setting isn't working right.

I even tried installing the complete CCCP and still had the same problems.

Something strange seems to be going. I have had this happen on two different computers with Windows 7 and 14.0.155.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Something is wrong with the DVD Video (ifo, vob) Decoder setup
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 04:51:37 pm »

You need to turn on DVD playback ability in FFDShow's settings -

Run FFDShow video decoder settings application.  Click Codecs in the left pane, and find MPEG-2 in the right pane.  Make sure the value is not "Disabled".  Then you should check "DVD decoding" checkbox.

Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

mojave

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 05:29:56 pm »

I have the DVD Decoding checkbox checked. I assumed that was why it worked with GraphEdit. I rolled back to a previous version of ffdshow and now it shows up in the Video Decoders for DVD Video (ifo,vob). I have MPEG2 set to libmpeg2 in ffdshow.

I still can't use it as a decoder. Earlier today I could randomly get a decoder to work. Now I can't use any decoder that I select manually. I keep getting the "DVD Playback Error" message as if a decoder wasn't available. I also can't just set playback method to Automatic. I have to make sure all decoder and renderer options are also set to Automatic.

I just unchecked Video Audio Renderer and Video Audio DSP under Tools > Options > General > Advanced > Features and now it works fine. If it turn them back and restart MC it still works. I'm going to post this and then reboot and see if it still works.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 05:33:45 pm »

Video Audio Renderer

There are some issues with this option.  It currently does not work with DVD.  You will have to uncheck it in order to play DVD.

mojave

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2010, 05:41:03 pm »

I unchecked Video Audio Renderer and DVD then played fine. However, I have now rechecked it and rebooted and it still plays fine. I can't recreate the problem. I am using both the Output format and Room Correction DSP.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2010, 05:47:34 pm »

I unchecked Video Audio Renderer and DVD then played fine. However, I have now rechecked it and rebooted and it still plays fine. I can't recreate the problem. I am using both the Output format and Room Correction DSP.

There could be more problems later.  You can use DSP Studio Filter without using the audio renderer.
Pages: [1]   Go Up