INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to stop ALL importing  (Read 1439 times)

DenS

• Recent member
How to stop ALL importing
« on: March 10, 2010, 07:29:29 am »

I would like to disable the auto-import entirely. :-X

I access my library via a client and if for any number of reasons the library is off-line the client takes off and starts automaticaly importing songs. How do i stop this...  ?

If the library server is off-line I'd like to have MC just sit there, empty, happy and wait for me to do something. ;D

Thanks all, great product, great forum. ;)

BillT

• World Citizen
Re: How to stop ALL importing
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 07:38:39 am »

Goto Tools - Options - Library and Folders, expand Auto-Import Folders and remove all the folders you see there. There's probably a better way but that works.

Bill

dcwebman

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 07:43:55 am »

http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php/Library_Settings

Uncheck the box that says "Run auto-import in background" too.
Jeff

DenS

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2010, 12:30:33 pm »

TNX

wew

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010, 07:51:54 pm »

Everytime I start MC14, it attempts to import media with a box in the lower left corner.  I have to click on "click here to cancel or to get advanced import options."  i then get a screen where I click on "No import."  Then, I have to restore my library from a backup file.  This happens every time I open MC14.  I have gone to Tools>Options>Library & Folders and unchecked every single box available.  Since MC10, I have never had this issue.  Why is MC14 attempting to reimport my entire 30,000+ song library each and every time?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2010, 08:05:20 pm »

Everytime I start MC14, it attempts to import media with a box in the lower left corner.  I have to click on "click here to cancel or to get advanced import options."  i then get a screen where I click on "No import."  Then, I have to restore my library from a backup file.  This happens every time I open MC14.  I have gone to Tools>Options>Library & Folders and unchecked every single box available.  Since MC10, I have never had this issue.  Why is MC14 attempting to reimport my entire 30,000+ song library each and every time?

You mean your library is empty every time you start?

Double-check where the library is stored using Library Manager.

This isn't normal.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

wew

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2010, 08:13:02 pm »

That was the issue!  Thank you.  There was a weird MC14 program pathway in the Library Manager box.  I deleted it and added the folder where my music is located.  Looks like it is working.  Cheers.
Pages: [1]   Go Up