INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Request: Copy playlists of images into folders  (Read 1155 times)

park

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I wish I had more to say!
Feature Request: Copy playlists of images into folders
« on: March 10, 2010, 09:58:52 am »

My periodic request for MC to be able to copy playlists of files into folders with the same names as the playlists. This could be accomplished one of two ways:

1. Using the Rename, Copy and Move tool. Add [Playlist name] as a category that we can use in the "directories" output field. Also allow us to rename the files using "Sequence number in specified playlist" as a criteria.

2. In the Handheld options, similar to above, let us set the [Playlist name] as a possible folder naming convention in the paths options.

bunglemebaby

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Feature Request: Copy playlists of images into folders
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 07:46:49 am »

Maybe I'm missing something, but it's possible to have a single file in many playlists, which would make implementing either of your suggestions very hard. Yes?
Do you move the file to the first playlist found? Do you copy it to each and every playlist folder?
Maybe copying it to each and every one is exactly what you're looking for (but that sounds like a nightmare to me  :o ).

park

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I wish I had more to say!
Re: Feature Request: Copy playlists of images into folders
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 08:17:29 am »

yeah I'd say copy to each folder. it's not something i would recommend for anything other than a handheld, but since most handhelds use folders rather than tags to organize I'd say it's practical.
Pages: [1]   Go Up