INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Some videos won't have sound,speakers play music just fine  (Read 1895 times)

rivrbyte

Some videos won't have sound,speakers play music just fine
« on: March 16, 2010, 11:43:58 am »

Hi, and thanks!

Hello,
I'm a little perplexed here. I use Winamp to playback my Mp3 music. When I go to my local online newspaper to view sports or news videos, I don't hear a thing, I only see video.
I also have an .avi file that I compressed to be small enough to send thru e-mail, which was a .wmv file. When I sent to friends, they can see and HEAR it,but when I try to play it back for myself, I see it, but can't hear it...keep in mind that my speakers work with music, or a few other videos. I went to adobe to update the Flash file, thinking that is the problem, but no.

I posted a video on my facebook page. I can see the video,but no sound on my end. Other people have commented on how good it sounds...They can hear it, but not me..........WHAT?

What do you think is the problem? Realtek HD Audio is my onboard sound. Thanks

I Do reboot and check it out each time. All my file types (all selected) are enabled in Winamp and I do believe I have the free updated latest version of 5.572.

WinXP SP2-32 Bit / MSI P-35 Platinum MoBo/3.3GB DDR memory/Intel Core2 Q6600 CPU/ Nvidia GeForce 8600GT with 512MB/500GB Internal WD HDD/500GB Ext, WD HDD/ Realtek HD Audio Output (No Problems found)  / DirectX v.90c/NERO 9/Winamp 5.572.

I also doubt that buying the $20.00 Winamp version will make any difference,because I am able to hear other videos, and this just started happening.

Here's an example.  I get the video, but no sound.

[ link removed by JimH ]

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Some videos won't have sound,speakers play music just fine
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 11:50:12 am »

It sounds like you're using Winamp.  Maybe you should post on their forums.
Pages: [1]   Go Up