INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MJ versus MC14 audio  (Read 1004 times)

crisnee

• World Citizen
MJ versus MC14 audio
« on: March 17, 2010, 12:04:04 pm »

Hi,

I've searched everywhere, OK maybe not everywhere, but I can't find a comparison. I'd mainly like to know if MC14 has any advantages on the audio side of the program versus MJ12 or the new 14.

A little personal history re audio and jukeboxes. I have approx 25,000 - 30,000 tracks. 10k not yet ripped. 45% classical, the rest jazz, rock, folk etc. I've tried many jukeboxes, Foobar, M-Monkey among them. Non satisfactory. I downloaded MJ12 quite a while ago but didn't start trying it until recently because I was hesitant to try another jukebox as others have taken so much time to get to know. MJ is the first that hasn't made me pull my hair out (could be because M-Monkey got it all). By the way, there was nothing really wrong with the jukeboxes that I tried it's just that my eyes and more importantly mind glazed over whenever I tried to figure out what was really going on with them.

Sound quality is very important to me, next is ease of use as is fairly accurate and flexible cataloging. I have some interest in the DVD and photo side of MC14 but not a lot. I'd rather save the money if everything else is equal, but I would definitely like to know the advantages of MC14 over MJ on the audio side, if there are any.

I've noticed somewhere that WASAPI is included in MC but not in MJ12. Is that true for MJ14 too?

I'm surprised that you offer MJ for free. I'd almost feel better if you charged a small fee, $15 or so. Then I'd feel better inquiring. Selfishness is a strange thing, do it for me, charge me so I can feel better. Ah the human is an odd creature. Then again as compared to what? Can one really be odd, if there is no thing/one to compare him/her (boy!/girl!/Androgynous! do I hate PC) to. But I do digress.

Anyway, if anyone is still with me, please let me know the differences that you've found, or guide me to a place where I can find a comparison. Thanks, I hope.
Pages: [1]   Go Up