INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I need An Answer For This Similiar Post That was Never answered. Multiple Artist  (Read 1808 times)

HTPC4ME

• Citizen of the Universe
  • LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=54565.0

ive spent over 2 hours looking for an answer for multiple artists but have found nothing.
how come in jriver 14 when i chose artists all those that are album artist auto don't show up?

can we shut off album artist auto? can we shut off multiple artists?

when i wanna find a artist i should be able to find all there work in artists... correct? why does it do it? whats the purposes of it?

i have tons of various artist cd's or compilations. if i want to hear all songs by a certain artist even if its on a compilation or various artist cd, or soundtrack i should be able to find these with ease!?

could someone please explain what is going on here?

Thank you.

221bBS

can we shut off album artist auto? can we shut off multiple artists?

You can't turn this off since this is a default field for MC. If you do not like how Album Artist (auto) works just don't use it.

when i wanna find a artist i should be able to find all there work in artists... correct? why does it do it? whats the purposes of it?
Not sure what you mean by this. I have no problem finding artists using artist in a view. And if you have an Artist column there should be a button that will quickly list all songs by the artist. Button is to the left of the artist name and looks like darken circle with an arrow inside.

i have tons of various artist cd's or compilations. if i want to hear all songs by a certain artist even if its on a compilation or various artist cd, or soundtrack i should be able to find these with ease!?

Looks like you're using the Album Artist (auto) in the view, Try changing to Artist.

I'm not sure what the exact problem is, maybe a screen shot of the problem might help.

HTPC4ME

thats what it was ;)

i had album artist (auto) in my view not artist.

Thanks alot for the help :) will this work to fix showard267's issue? if so then i can give him the link to my post.

thanks again :)

221bBS

I think it  might

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team

I use a custom list field called Artists that includes all artists in the song.  That way if I want all tracks by an artist I get them if they are the main artist or just a secondary artist.  I also use this field to store artists in 'last, first' or 'artistname, the' for sort purposes.

For example the Song Highwayman (With Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings & Kris Kristofferson) from the Johnny Cash box set has 'Johnny Cash' as the Artist but has the following Artists:
Cash, Johnny
Nelson, Willie
Kristofferson, Kris
Jennings, Waylon

That way the song shows up in my list if I am looking for tracks by any of the included artists.

HTPC4ME

i like that idea too. thanks Bartman:)
Pages: [1]   Go Up