INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: dead MC files in C drive  (Read 2520 times)

Skin

• Recent member
dead MC files in C drive
« on: March 20, 2010, 01:07:46 pm »

I just ripped a CD using EAC and flac. It is in my C drive appearing as a Media Centre file but I am unable to do anything with it - I cannot move it and it is not detected by MC in the Audio area or in the C drive seen via MC. I ripped another disc after this and all seems OK. Do I have to delete those files and ripped it again?

Skin

• Recent member
Re: dead MC files in C drive
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 06:55:25 am »

The file names were too long. I tried several fixes found on the internet but for several files there seemed no other choice: I empted the folder of all other things and deleted the folder and re-ripped the CD after cutting back on the naming string in EAC.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 06:57:18 am »

You could try ripping in MC.

Skin

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010, 10:35:51 am »

You could try ripping in MC.

My MC ripper is not working - it just rips the same track the same number of times as there are track numbers. I'd include a screen shot if there was a way to do it. I assume my copy of MC is corrupted.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2010, 10:42:03 am »

Unlikely.  When you put the disk in, it should ask if you want to rip or play it.  If you choose rip, it should open the Action Window Rip task.  At that point, you can double check  your options, or just press the Rip button. 

Is that what you're doing?

Skin

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2010, 05:20:42 am »

Unlikely.  When you put the disk in, it should ask if you want to rip or play it.  If you choose rip, it should open the Action Window Rip task.  At that point, you can double check  your options, or just press the Rip button. 

Is that what you're doing?
Jim
Sorry to say that my copy of MC ripper is out of order. If I try to rip selected tracks only it will rip 1 track as many times as the number of tracks I have ticked. The log says it has ripped all the ticked tracks. Well it has not saved them. I have looked in all reasonable file locations and then just in case my level of consciousness was less than I thought it was I searched my hard drive. I have some curious screen shots if you want to see them; just advise how I can get them to you.

Skin

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2010, 05:37:19 am »

I have tracks 3 to 6 ripped from the CD. I have ended up with ripped tracks using MC but only one at a time, even though I have tried to rip several tracks.
Now I am trying to rip track 2. MC will not rip it. Rather when I click on rip track (using either of the 2 rip buttons (at the top or bottom left of the screen) it gives me the play option for the last track successfully ripped (track 3). My guess is that if I tick both track 1 and 2 it will rip 2 ... I will try that now.

Skin

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2010, 07:19:12 am »

My guess is that if I tick both track 1 and 2 it will rip 2 ... I will try that now.

Yes, my guess was correct. MC looked like it ripped track 1 (only 1+2 were ticked) but it was too quick for a 128Mb track and while ripping track 2 I looked at the destination file in explorer ... there was an 8Mb file there. After track 2 was ripped I looked again and there was 1 file only - a complete track 2 and this is the only track saved in this folder. there is a complete track 3 in the next folder up timed at 14:06 but I don't know what to make of this ... guess it is an old file that I did something to at 14:06. The log from the last rip is below:

Secure Rip Log created at 14:00:37  mercredi, mars 31, 2010

D: Grieg, Schumann / Piano Concertos - Kovacevich/Colin Davis
   Track  1: Secure rip, no re-tries. [Allegro Molto Moderato]
   Track  2: Secure rip, no re-tries. [Adagio]

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2010, 08:52:43 am »

I described what you should be doing.  Is that what you're doing?

If not, give a step by step with more details.

Skin

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2010, 03:41:28 am »

I described what you should be doing.  Is that what you're doing?

If not, give a step by step with more details.

Jim
I believe I do as you say, although MC took no action when I insert a disc even pressing the refresh text, so I ejected and inserted again. This time the disc was recognised. I blocked all tracks (they were all ticked in any case) and clicked "rip disc". It looks OK so far but I don't believe I have done much different than the previous disc except that all tracks are marked for ripping this time. But the result is that only one track has been save after I click "remove duplicates". Yet the log says otherwise (see below).
Secure Rip Log created at 10:33:14  jeudi, avril 01, 2010

D: Symphonie Nr.3, "Orgel-Symphonie" - Camille Saint-Saëns
   Track  1: Secure rip, no re-tries. [I: Adagio - Allegro Moderato]
   Track  2: Secure rip, no re-tries. [Ii: Poco Adagio]
   Track  3: Secure rip, no re-tries. [Iii: Allegro Moderato - Presto - Allegro Moderato]
   Track  4: Secure rip, no re-tries. [Iv: Maestoso - Allegro - Molto Allegro - Pesante]
D: Symphonie Nr.3, "Orgel-Symphonie" - Paul Dukas
   Track  5: Secure rip, no re-tries. [Der Zauberlehrling - Scherzo Nach Einer Ballade Von Goethe]
Pages: [1]   Go Up