INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Web Remote plugin - new release  (Read 1206 times)

zigguratt

• World Citizen
Web Remote plugin - new release
« on: June 29, 2002, 06:42:28 am »

I've made a few more changes to the Web Remote plugin so I thought a thread listing all changes I've made so far was in order. I've done almost everything I'd planned to do with this plugin (and a bit more), so if nobody else has any issues this will probably be the last update from me. I won't entertain major changes, such as a framed version, or adding the player controls to every page. I'm moving on to another project. So if there are any bugs that I don't know about you'd better let me know now. Here are the changes I've made:

1) The volume bug has been fixed.
2) The web server is started automatically on MJ startup.
3) Support for Cascading Stylesheets has been added.
4) Files are presented in the order specified in MJ.
5) Shuffle and continuous play can now be controlled.
6) Track info now includes year and genre if available.

Download the latest update here.
The latest version of Glissando can be had here.

JNKH

RE:Web Remote plugin - new release
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2002, 08:08:49 pm »

Hi Zigguratt,

Thank you giving us the wondeful web remote.  But the web server starting up automatically for v8 is having some problem.  It hangs MJ at start up, under remote-web-init.  

I have to kill it, and start up MJ several times before it pops up.  I have to remove the web-plug-in to make MJ start up again.

zigguratt

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2002, 03:05:36 am »

Hi JNKH,

Are you using the latest build of Media Jukebox? Web Remote now depends on a feature from MJ version 8.0.315. Did you try installing it before the latest update?

And thanks for the compliment but Web Remote was created by jriver.  I'm just fixing bugs and adding a few new features.

zigguratt

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2002, 04:23:42 am »

Try it now: I made a slight change to the server auto-start. You'll have to download the plugin again, of course. If you made any changes to the css file you'd better save a copy elsewhere.

PhatPhreddy

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2002, 09:51:03 am »

i was not having any issues with the older version but its nice to see you are polishing it....

Dont like hearing that another project is beckoning unless of course its the one that has been discussed a time or two in the past...

zigguratt

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2002, 10:32:26 am »

Yep, it's the project we've discussed in the past. Web Remote was a good way for me to learn the ins and outs of controlling MJ. I'm anxious to put that learning to good use now.

Are you having issues with the new version, Phat? And of course I'm polishing it! :) As I said above, I'll try to fix any problems people still have with Web Remote (whether I caused them or not) but won't be making any major changes from now on.

JNKH

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2002, 03:49:12 am »

Hi Zigguratt,

Thank you for the quick change.  Will download and try.

NeilS

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2002, 09:54:07 am »

Zigguratt - Is the source for this update available? I have updated the 1.0.6 source to include an add link and to show which track is currently playing but it seems silly not to include your updates.
Pages: [1]   Go Up