INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Computer Suspended, Power flickers, Mc14 not focused on power up  (Read 1308 times)

ajowers

• World Citizen

Hi,

I have repeated this issue twice now.  I am using my system.  I press the power button on the remote and the system suspends.

Then in the middle of the night or something, the power flickers and the remote wont turn the system back on so I press the Power button on the computer.  It boots and comes up into theater mode as normal but windows has focus not MC 14.  Theater View is behind the task bar in windows 7.

The remote wont communicate with the software because of this so I have to hook up a mouse, click the MC14 to bring it to the foreground and then everything is fine.

Can someone reccomend a set up or change to remedy this ?

Thanks in advance.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Computer Suspended, Power flickers, Mc14 not focused on power up
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 07:19:09 pm »

I've seen similar problems and I don't know the cause.  It may be Windows.

Try the PC power button to put it into sleep and then back.

ajowers

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2010, 07:24:31 pm »

Can the developers try detecting this in the OnWindowActivate and test to see if the application main wondow is "focused"?  If not then send a windows message to "BringToFront" or maybe send the main window a Mousedown and MouseUp message ??

Just thought of another idea:  Write a simple (watchdog) windows service that monitors MC14 and will after some time delay send a mousedown/mouseup to the main window if "not focused" and "showing".  Of course the end user would want to be able to right click the service icon and tell it to stop if they are "working" on the system and purposefully have other apps and windows focused.

My goals here are beyond my own personal use as I would like to sell a turnkey system and I need it to be as turnkey as possible.  This is the simple kind of issue that will annoy users when they are expecting something completely polished.  I am not complaining but trying to state that I would like to see this looked at as it does detract from the "black box" effect I am looking for in a HTPC system.

raym

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 05:29:51 am »

In Windows 7, you can use Task Scheduler to do "something" when the PC wakes up. I use a vb script to do a similar thing which works across different Windows versions but the idea is the same. Take a look here for more details: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=53841.0

I would call the command "MC14.exe /Mode Theater" to ensure TheaterView is in focus regardless of what state MC was in last.

Cheers.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation
Pages: [1]   Go Up