INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 14 --> 15 settings backup question -- cross system  (Read 1489 times)

red86

• Recent member

Hi,

I have Media Center 14 on my laptop exactly the way I want it (library views, etc).  I reformatted my desktop and have not yet reinstalled MC.  If I backup the settings on my laptop and install an early version of Media Center 15 on my desktop, will the settings carry over?  Both systems are running Vista 64-bit...  Home Premium on the laptop and Ultimate on the desktop.

I do realize that the file paths might have to be slightly tweaked in my library views, but this will hopefully expedite the process for me substansially -- I will probably upgrade my license to MC15 if this works well enough.

Please advise -- thanks!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Media Center 14 --> 15 settings backup question -- cross system
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 03:32:36 pm »

A library backup from v14 also contains user settings.

v15 allows applying these user settings when restoring a backup.

I would wait for build 15.0.10 (or newer) before trying this new feature, as it incorporates a few improvements.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

txgardener

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 09:32:26 pm »

Matt, when I do a restore in 15 from a 14 backup it fails, "unable to load user settings".  Both installs are licensed and working.
thanks

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 09:39:36 pm »

Matt, when I do a restore in 15 from a 14 backup it fails, "unable to load user settings".  Both installs are licensed and working.
thanks

Could you email the non-working library backup to matt at jriver dot com?  I'll delete it after testing.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

txgardener

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2010, 09:49:32 pm »

I posted my problem while downloading the most recent v14, had been using 101.  That was the problem as the restore in 15 from 14 now goes ok.
thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up