INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Crashes on sync / can't install plugins  (Read 1740 times)

Steve A

• Recent member
Crashes on sync / can't install plugins
« on: March 26, 2010, 08:42:27 am »

I've been having constant crashes after uploading files to Sony Walkman.  I uninstalled MC14, rebooted, reinstalled, now i get a plug-in failed to install message when i try to reload DC-Bass plugins, which i need for conversion of mp4 files to play on the walkman.

1) any suggestions?

2) since I'm sure many users need to make the same conversions, it would be nice if you could build the necessary plugins into MC, or at least add them to your "download plugins" feature set.  the whole process is ridiculously complicated for a basic task.  it's like you don't want civilians to use your product.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Crashes on sync / can't install plugins
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2010, 10:29:03 am »

Try using MC's built-in conversion for PSP.

Steve A

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2010, 11:00:52 am »

Thanks Jim.  I couldn't find that under encoding or file types.  How do you set that up so mp4 files convert on upload?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2010, 11:08:07 am »

Video conversion options are under Tools/Options/Handheld or from the Action Window after you select Handhelds.

You would need to be using DirectShow to play MP4 for that to work.

Steve A

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2010, 11:43:24 am »

when I said mp4 I meant aac m4a audio.

In file types, I have aac set to playback using direct show J. river engine, and in handhelds I have the conversion option in sync set to MP3, but that doesn't seem to work. 

Prior to reinstall, I could only playback AAC by setting playback to j-river direct show, and I could only transfer/convert if I changed playback to directshow with DC-Bass plug in.  after transfer I then had to switch back to J. river direct show to hear on desktop system.

Now i am unable to reinstall DC-Bass from the same downloaded plugins I used before.  when I try to "add plugin" I keep getting message that it fails.

What do I do now?  As I mentioned, I've already uninstalled and reinstalled per instructions.

thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up