INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Album Artist (Auto) field populates incorrectly.  (Read 1353 times)

apeponderingtail

• Recent member
Album Artist (Auto) field populates incorrectly.
« on: March 26, 2010, 10:58:43 am »

This happens all the time and I can't find a way to fix it.  Almost every time I import music (mp3/mp4) to MC14 (14.0.155) there are always at least a few files that get labeled some random incorrect artist in the album artist artist (auto) field.  For example, I just imported some Primus songs and about 10 of them were labeled incorrectly, some of them were The Beatles, the rest were Huey Lewis and somehow one of my Huey Lewis songs that previously labeled correctly was labeled Primus.  The artist field is usually correct so I fix it by searching for the artist and updating the album artist field.  I know it's not just me because I recommended Media Jukebox to a friend and the same thing happened to him. 

I love Media Center but I've had this problem ever since I've started using it, it's very annoying and time consuming to correct.  Plus, I have a large collection and I know that I probably have hundreds of files that are mislabeled with no way to identify them until I listen to them other than going through every song by every artist.  I tried creating a smartlist that will find files that have different values in the artist and album artist fields but it doesn't appear to be possible.

Can the album artist (auto) field be disabled?  Is there any other way to correct this problem? 

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Album Artist (Auto) field populates incorrectly.
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2010, 11:18:34 am »

I tried creating a smartlist that will find files that have different values in the artist and album artist fields but it doesn't appear to be possible.

i would use this as a smartlist
Code: [Select]
[Media Type]=[Audio] -[Album Artist]=[] [=isequal([artist],[album artist],1)]=0open a new smartlist and click import/export. paste this rule in there.

does that work?

:)
gab

apeponderingtail

• Recent member
Re: Album Artist (Auto) field populates incorrectly.
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2010, 11:24:48 am »

It worked, thank you!  I wish I had asked sooner.
Pages: [1]   Go Up