INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: stacks, im still confuced  (Read 1652 times)

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
stacks, im still confuced
« on: March 27, 2010, 06:41:20 am »

i do have a bunch of ape files from which i want to have a copy in wav to playback in an other program, but still have them available in mc. so i thought i could use the stack feature for that. i converted a file using the conversion tool, putting the copy inside the same directory as the original and adding it to mc. now how can i stack this file underneath the original? i expected i could just select both files and say: stack, but i can not find that. i also checked the features if i had to enable something, but could not find that either.
im right to think the stack files inherit the tags from the original? including plays?
and when i figured it out, i guess i can make views only showing the stacked files (the wavs)?

somebody has some tips?

thanks
 :)
gab

gappie

Re: stacks, im still confuced
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2010, 06:44:44 am »

oh... found that the stackoption is not available in my computer..  ;)
but any tips and tricks might be nice still..
like what is the stack tag for?

gab

this is helpfull: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=53938.msg367167#msg367167

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2010, 07:12:16 am »

Here's some 'stack' stuff I typed out earlier that you may find useful...
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=55782.0

[stack tag] appears to be 100% internal, read only, and used for managing the handheld cache. If you use that feature, then cached files held in stacks have their [stack tag] filled with HHCache.

I've not a lot of experience with stacking audio, but basics should apply still...

Select two or more file you wish to stack, right click on the file that you wish to be at the top of the stack, and stack the files.
Perhaps, if you have other questions, and you asked them in the linked thread, it might help a little to keep some stack related info in one place?

-marko.

gappie

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2010, 07:21:43 am »

thanks a lot marco.. already found my way a bit, and with that link i think ill manage for now. but when i have some questions, or, who knows, tips, i will join that thread.

gab
Pages: [1]   Go Up