INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Organising Video library  (Read 2554 times)

debt_collector

• Recent member
Organising Video library
« on: March 28, 2010, 05:07:43 pm »

I started by clicking on Movies -> I double clicked on the view pane where is say: no files, double click here to add files -> selected the folder containing video files. I can now see the imported files under 'types'\Unassigned\Unassigned or under 'files'. Can I sort them into the Movies folder? Can you please let me know where I can find how to organise my video library? Thanks

gvanbrunt

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • MC Nerd
Re: Organising Video library
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 08:06:14 pm »

You need to change the media sub type tag to Movie. You'll find that by clicking on Tag on bottom left...

debt_collector

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 02:06:43 am »

Thanks for your reply. Wouldn't it be easier if you set separate auto import folders for movies, tv programmes, music videos etc? That way it wouldn't be necessary to tag files manually.

ThoBar

• Was confishy
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 10:36:04 am »

That has been suggested as a new feature recently... or something very simlar at least. No word yet on a likely implementation though.

roopertd

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2010, 12:53:03 pm »

if your videos are separated into folders for movies, tv, music, etc then you can highlight all your videos then right click and choose "Library Tools/Fill Properties From Filename". this will make box appear where you can enter the following naming conventions.

Directories:   [Genre]
Filename:     [Name]

the above will work with avi, mpg, etc but not with ifo's. ifo's/video_ts have to be tagged separately with this method.
more detailed explanations have been explained elsewhere in the forum. im not sure how to post a link but ill try:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=56096.0

if the link doesn't work just search the forum for "tagging guide"

rick.ca

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2010, 01:38:15 pm »

That has been suggested as a new feature recently... or something very simlar at least. No word yet on a likely implementation though.

Sounds like a job for AutoTagger. But that still won't run automatically. ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up