INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playlists - where are the Native playlist kept ? (folder)  (Read 1327 times)

buffalome90210

• Recent member
Playlists - where are the Native playlist kept ? (folder)
« on: March 29, 2010, 03:30:24 pm »

I am considering going to windows7, to succefully make a transition i will need to know where the native playlist are stored, ie folder..

somethign like C:document an settings/applications data\.... blah blah ???

Terence

buffalome90210

• Recent member
Re: Playlists - where are the Native playlist kept ? (folder)
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 06:53:06 pm »

Oh this is interesting, I just created a dummy playlist with a recognizable name, did not export it to anywhere and did not save it in any way. closed mc14 and then did a windows search for the name (including hidden files and system), and the name does not show anywhere, yet it is indeed a playlist within mc14. Therefore, may I assume that the native/internal playlists are not saved as files but as part of  either the Database or A Database ?

terence

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 07:16:00 pm »

Playlists are stored along with the database files (jmd).  But you can export them, from the File menu.  Your path on the new machine would have to match initially.

buffalome90210

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010, 03:41:08 am »

TY, Lets say I export them. And then, on the new machine I want these exported playlists to become "Native/natural" playlists again, I assume I would import them, or perhaps simply play them, and then once they are loaded send them to "Playlist".....In sending them to Playlists they temporarily become named "New Playlist",. I could then rename them to what I want each one to be.....

Does that make sence ?

terence
Pages: [1]   Go Up