INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: downloading purchased copy of MC15 - running trial version of 14 now  (Read 1790 times)

Skin

• Recent member

I have roughly 2 weeks left on my trial period. I am primarily in ripping mode but am also organising music files somewhat in MC. I still have about 200 CDs to rip so I will be some time with this. Eventually I plan to play music via a nice DAC which I don't yet have and a music and video server which I don't yet have. Thus when I buy MC I need to be able to run it on the server and likely also on a PC. I have a couple questions:

1/ Will I loose any of the work I have done already to the MC library?

2/ I wont need MC until I have all my hardware so perhaps it makes sense for me to down load a later version in a couple of months – would I loose the work I have done to my MC music library; what remains after the trial period and before a paid for version is loaded?

3/ Can I download MC15 to USB flash memory and then load this into the PC and later onto my music server, and does it instead make sense to download MC14 (which is the version offered on the purchase page) and download a later version of 15 once it is more fully developed.

Skin

• Recent member
Re: downloading purchased copy of MC15 - running trial version of 14 now
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 06:59:31 am »

May be helpful if I put this a different way. I am using this PC primarily to rip my CD collection. I have installed an old Parallel ATA Plextor in this SATA PC for this purpose. It is not my PC. I will be moving from Europe due to work in the next few months. Eventually I intend to play my music via a server and digital to analogue converter (am also tossing up where to do this remotely e.g. by using Slim Devices gear.
I am guessing there may be a substantial downside to buying MC15 now and installing in on this PC (I have the trial version installed at present) since it will not be coming with me. Is this correct - can anyone please briefly identify the issues if they exist?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 08:31:02 am »

Any license purchased is good indefinitely for that version.
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/buy_14.html

Currently, only MC15 licenses are sold, even if you buy from MC14, so the license will work with both.

So you could use it now, then install again and use a Restore.

Skin

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 07:08:19 am »

Any license purchased is good indefinitely for that version.
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/buy_14.html

Currently, only MC15 licenses are sold, even if you buy from MC14, so the license will work with both.

So you could use it now, then install again and use a Restore.
Sounds good - this does include installing on a different machine 2nd time round?
Pages: [1]   Go Up