INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Cyberlink Filter - MC won't use  (Read 20149 times)

jroyale

• Galactic Citizen
Cyberlink Filter - MC won't use
« on: April 05, 2010, 07:46:52 am »

I'm watching mkv's and I'm choosing Cyberlink power dvd as my filter.  It has worked in the past but for some reason it now won't load.  I'm running win7 and I'm using a program that stops mc from giving the microsoft filters priority.  But it still won't use cyberlink.  It will use coreavc, then I uninstall core and it uses ffdshow, I deselect ffdshow for h264 decoding and then it doesn't use anything, no video just audio and when I select show filters it's not listed but when I click select filters cyberlink is listed.  It's just not loading it.

Odd thing is that I use this filter flawlessly for m2t's.  Cyberlink is the best with my system because it's really the only filter that can play 1080p flawlessly and the system was actually designed for it and it comes preloaded with a cyberlink filter for it's native media player.  That filter won't load in jrmc either.

Thanks.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Cyberlink Filter - MC won't use
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 09:17:14 am »

If you have selected it in MC's filter selection and yet it is still not used, then maybe it really can not be used.

If it used to work, one possible cause of it not working anymore is that Cyberlink filter is somehow corrupt - for example one or more of its dependent files is missing.  Reinstalling Cyberlink may help.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

jroyale

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 11:34:11 am »

I have tried that but I will again.  Any idea why it would load and play for m2t content but not mkv?  It must be registered.

I'll post back tonight when I have tried to reinstall.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 07:03:59 pm »

I have tried that but I will again.  Any idea why it would load and play for m2t content but not mkv?  It must be registered.

I'll post back tonight when I have tried to reinstall.

The content in both m2t and mkv files are the same format?  The only explanation I can think of is the splitter filter.  Try selecting Haali Media Splitter for mkv.  If that does not work, you may experiment with selecting a different filter.

jroyale

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, 01:00:20 am »

I ran a program to list all installed codecs and cyberlink is listed under 32 bit codec installed but not 64 bit.  So am I to assume then the mkv's are playing in a 64bit mode therefore can't access cyberlink?  Would this be accurate?  If so what can I do to adjust this?

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2010, 02:02:10 pm »

I ran a program to list all installed codecs and cyberlink is listed under 32 bit codec installed but not 64 bit.  So am I to assume then the mkv's are playing in a 64bit mode therefore can't access cyberlink?  Would this be accurate?  If so what can I do to adjust this?

I don't think it matters.

Please post graph info for both file types (while playing a video, right-click, DirectShow Filters, Copy graph info to clipboard).

jroyale

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2010, 03:21:12 pm »

Thanks...I'll post the graph when I get home.  Cyberlink loading for DVD's and playing for m2t file types.  The only thing I can think of (and I may be way off base) is that mkv's are playing in a 64 bit mode and since cyberlink is not registered in 64 bit it can't access the filter.  But dvd's and m2t's are playing in 32 bit mode therefore they can access cyberlink filters.

jroyale

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2010, 09:09:32 pm »

Graph below.  This graph is produced as I have cyberlink video / sp decoder selected.  When I first got this machine up and running cyberlink worked.  I've installed version 10 now and it's still not registered as a 64 bit codec but is under 32 bit.  Setting cyberlink not registering as 64 bit aside, it appears jrmc is playing mkv's in a 64 bit mode and was playing in 32 bit before or am I dreaming in technicolor?  I tried to register the cyberlink codec my machine came with in the 64 bit system 32 folder and it told me it wasn't a 64 bit module so therefore I can only deduce that if it was being used my jrmc previously and it's not a 64 bit module then I must have been playing it in 32 bit.  But I'm likely wrong...many times before.

Filter 'Default DirectSound Device'
        CLSID: {79376820-07D0-11CF-A24D-0020AFD79767}
        Host: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\quartz.dll
        Input Pin 'Audio Input pin (rendered)'
            Connected to pin 'Out' of filter 'ffdshow Audio Decoder'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_PCM, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx

Filter 'Enhanced Video Renderer'
        CLSID: {FA10746C-9B63-4B6C-BC49-FC300EA5F256}
        Host: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\evr.dll
        Input Pin 'EVR Input0'
            Connected to pin 'Output' of filter 'DirectVobSub (forced auto-loading version)'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_YV12, Format type FORMAT_VideoInfo2
        Input Pin 'EVR Input1'

Filter 'ffdshow Audio Decoder'
        CLSID: {0F40E1E5-4F79-4988-B1A9-CC98794E6B55}
        Host: C:\Program Files (x86)\Combined Community Codec Pack\Filters\FFDShow\ffdshow.ax
        Output Pin 'Out'
            Connected to pin 'Audio Input pin (rendered)' of filter 'Default DirectSound Device'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_PCM, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx
        Input Pin 'In'
            Connected to pin 'Audio' of filter 'Haali Media Splitter'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type Unknown GUID Name: {00002001-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx

Filter 'DirectVobSub (forced auto-loading version)'
        CLSID: {9852A670-F845-491B-9BE6-EBD841B8A613}
        Host: C:\Program Files (x86)\Combined Community Codec Pack\Filters\VSFilter.dll
        Input Pin 'Video'
            Connected to pin 'Output' of filter 'CoreAVC Video Decoder'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_YV12, Format type FORMAT_VideoInfo2
        Output Pin 'Output'
            Connected to pin 'EVR Input0' of filter 'Enhanced Video Renderer'
        Input Pin 'Input'
            Connected to pin 'Subtitle' of filter 'Haali Media Splitter'
            Major type Unknown GUID Name: {E487EB08-6B26-4BE9-9DD3-993434D313FD}  Sub type Unknown GUID Name: {326444F7-686F-47FF-A4B2-C8C96307B4C2}, Format type Unknown GUID Name: {326444F7-686F-47FF-A4B2-C8C96307B4C2}
        Input Pin 'Input'

Filter 'CoreAVC Video Decoder'
        CLSID: {09571A4B-F1FE-4C60-9760-DE6D310C7C31}
        Host: C:\Program Files (x86)\CoreCodec\CoreAVC Professional Edition\CoreAVCDecoder.ax
        Input Pin 'Input'
            Connected to pin 'Video' of filter 'Haali Media Splitter'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type Unknown GUID Name: {31435641-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}, Format type FORMAT_MPEG2_VIDEO
        Output Pin 'Output'
            Connected to pin 'Video' of filter 'DirectVobSub (forced auto-loading version)'

Filter 'Haali Media Splitter'
        CLSID: {55DA30FC-F16B-49FC-BAA5-AE59FC65F82D}
        Host: C:\Program Files (x86)\Haali\MatroskaSplitter\splitter.ax
        Output Pin 'Video'
            Connected to pin 'Input' of filter 'CoreAVC Video Decoder'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type Unknown GUID Name: {31435641-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}, Format type FORMAT_MPEG2_VIDEO
        Output Pin 'Audio'
            Connected to pin 'In' of filter 'ffdshow Audio Decoder'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type Unknown GUID Name: {00002001-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx
        Output Pin 'Subtitle'
            Connected to pin 'Input' of filter 'DirectVobSub (forced auto-loading version)'
            Major type Unknown GUID Name: {E487EB08-6B26-4BE9-9DD3-993434D313FD}  Sub type Unknown GUID Name: {326444F7-686F-47FF-A4B2-C8C96307B4C2}, Format type Unknown GUID Name: {326444F7-686F-47FF-A4B2-C8C96307B4C2}

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2010, 11:26:36 am »

This graph is for playing an mkv file?  How about also posting a graph for m2t file?

The graph looks good (except it does not have the filter you wanted to use, of course).  It loaded CoreAVC filter because your video contains H263/AVC video stream.  You did not answer my question of whether your mkv file and m2t file contain the same codec.  Maybe your Cyberlink filter is not capable of handling AVC videos.  Any one knows?

jroyale

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2010, 10:20:14 pm »

Yes cyberlink is capable of this in fact my computer ships with a cyberlink codec installed speficially for this and it too won't load.  On my xp machine it was loading and playing these files fine.

Any insight into these files playing in 64 bit vs 32 bit?  It appears cyberlink my not support 64 bit playback which is what I'm thinking is happening here.

To be frank its one thing after another with win 7 and MC 14.  Unfortunately my computer doesn't have xp drivers.  I understand there are likely faults with win 7 and drivers and codecs etc. but at some point I think jriver has to take ownership of some of these issues.  I hope I don't become ignored now on the posts by admin because I'm not going overkill with this it just seems it tends to be the standard answer that the issue is 7 or the drivers and that jriver is just finding the faults in these.  A lot of my issues have been solved by going back to an earlier build of MC so that leads me to believe there are some programming answers that could help.

I just get the sense there are programming issues with this o/s and maybe there is way to make this program more compatible.

jroyale

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2010, 10:26:00 pm »

And now another issue...MC stops responding.  Any logs created for this? I'm very close to just shutting this whole project down.  Frustrated.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2010, 11:35:29 pm »

Please post graph info of successfully playing a m2t file.

As a way of comparison, also post a graph of playing the same mkv file successfully on a different computer if you can.

Finally, turn on logging.  It is at Help > Logging... > check "Output to a log file" check box under Logging options.  Try playing the mkv file that you have trouble with.  And email me the log file.  yaobing at jriver dot com

In your experience, is Cyberlink decoder much better than CoreAVC (on another computer where cyberlink can be used)?  People have said a lot of good things about CoreAVC.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2010, 11:15:31 am »

To be frank its one thing after another with win 7 and MC 14.  Unfortunately my computer doesn't have xp drivers.  I understand there are likely faults with win 7 and drivers and codecs etc. but at some point I think jriver has to take ownership of some of these issues.
The issues you have here are filter related.  Not all filters are open to use by other programs.

MC14 and 15 are fine on Windows 7, 32 or 64bit. 

Are you using a release version of Win7?

jroyale

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2010, 12:37:57 am »

Granted the cyberlink is filter related but Jim, but I've had a tons of problems as I think you can see by my many posts.  XP was fine 7 is a nightmare on my system.  Having said that I have 2 instances of jrmc running 1 on xp and the other on win 7 and neither can load cyberlink for mkv's so isn't there something to that?

Over and above that I have had consistent issues with direct draw errors and mc crashing or failing to respond...it is constant.  I have no idea where the issues lie it's just really, really frustrating.  It's taken me forever to find a sweetspot of drivers and build versions to get it right and I still have an issue but it's somewhat minor, albeit annoying, compared to all my other issues which are all theatre view related.  I know you will point to the video card drivers which you have a point but I'm sure you can see from my side how I put some of the blame on jrmc.

The only build version that works for me is .096 with 1 specific driver.  It too has an issue that when left in theatre view for an extended period of time, theatre view becomes distorted and the bottom 1/4 of the screen is blank squishing the remaning image up and cuts off some text.  If I exit and go back into theatre view it goes back okay.

At any rate I feel like I should have you over for dinner given the amount of times we've posted....I just want things to work and they don't so I'm frustrated...I love...love your product.  I rave about it to all my friends but I can't ge the bloody thing to work on my machine.  I'm going bonkers literally.  Its drive me f'in nuts.  Why can't it just work!! 

If I could install xp on this thing i'd do it in 2 seconds...no drivers and it's a great solution for my room because it makes 0 noise and I can mount it on the wall behind my tv.

Lates.

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2010, 07:47:14 am »

I'll assume (based on your filter graph above) that the mkv's contain mpeg2 video streams. If this is the case AND you're using PowerDVD 10 filters, I can tell you that it doesn't work for me either. I also have Cyberlink PDVD 7 installed and these codecs load fine so I can only assume that Cyberlink have done something to restrict the use of their codecs by other 3rd party players. I remember having this issue ages ago and found some reg hacks to enable them in MC but I have no idea about this anymore and havn't had the need for PowerDVD codecs on Windows 7 at all (apart from bluray). For my mpeg2 mkv's, I just use the MS default codecs. Have you tried these? They work fine for me.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2010, 12:56:41 pm »

I'll assume (based on your filter graph above) that the mkv's contain mpeg2 video streams. If this is the case AND you're using PowerDVD 10 filters, I can tell you that it doesn't work for me either.

The graph above shows that the video stream is AVC:

Code: [Select]
Sub type Unknown GUID Name: {31435641-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}
Format type is MPEG-2 format, but encoding is AVC1.

I also have Cyberlink PDVD 7 installed and these codecs load fine so I can only assume that Cyberlink have done something to restrict the use of their codecs by other 3rd party players. I remember having this issue ages ago and found some reg hacks to enable them in MC but I have no idea about this anymore and havn't had the need for PowerDVD codecs on Windows 7 at all (apart from bluray).
That does not explain why Cyberlink filter can be loaded for m2t files encoded with the same codec.  I have requested the graph info for that be posted, but jroyale has not done it yet.

For my mpeg2 mkv's, I just use the MS default codecs. Have you tried these? They work fine for me.
Yeah, Microsoft DTV-DVD decoder can decode both MPEG-2 and AVC/H.264.  It works extremely well for MPEG-2, but sometimes less well with AVC.  CoreAVC is better.

jroyale

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2010, 01:34:42 pm »

I wil post it shortly...I haven't had time.

The other issue with core is that when used it causes jrmc to stop responding.  Otherwise I wouldn't have a problem with it.  This is the thing, nothing really works and there are always problems.

My processor is too weak for microsofts decoder to work with 1080 content.

jroyale

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2010, 01:50:58 pm »

Graph below.  I am no longer using core for the reason above.  So now I can't play 1080 content.

Jim, if it's simply a filter issue and there is aboslutly no issue with jrmc, which it seems there never is, then why does both cyberlink and coreavc have issues and why would cyberlink work fine with powerdvd and not jrmc?  I can't see how jrmc bares no responsibility in this.

Filter Graph Info:

Input Pin 'EVR Input0'
            Connected to pin 'Output' of filter 'DirectVobSub (forced auto-loading version)'
        Input Pin 'EVR Input1'

Host: C:\Program Files (x86)\Combined Community Codec Pack\Filters\FFDShow\ffdshow.ax
        Output Pin 'Out'
            Connected to pin 'Audio Input pin (rendered)' of filter 'Default DirectSound Device'
        Input Pin 'In'
            Connected to pin 'Audio' of filter 'J:\Movies 2\Finding Nemo (HD)\Finding.Nemo.2003.720p.HDTV.DTS.x264-ESiR.mkv'

Filter 'DirectVobSub (forced auto-loading version)'
        CLSID: {9852A670-F845-491B-9BE6-EBD841B8A613}
        Host: C:\Program Files (x86)\Combined Community Codec Pack\Filters\VSFilter.dll
        Input Pin 'Video'
            Connected to pin 'Video Output 1' of filter 'Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type Unknown GUID Name: {30323449-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}, Format type FORMAT_VideoInfo2
        Output Pin 'Output'
        Input Pin 'Input'
            Connected to pin 'Subtitle' of filter 'J:\Movies 2\Finding Nemo (HD)\Finding.Nemo.2003.720p.HDTV.DTS.x264-ESiR.mkv'
        Input Pin 'Input'

Filter 'Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder'
        CLSID: {212690FB-83E5-4526-8FD7-74478B7939CD}
        Host: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msmpeg2vdec.dll
        Input Pin 'Video Input'
            Connected to pin 'Video' of filter 'J:\Movies 2\Finding Nemo (HD)\Finding.Nemo.2003.720p.HDTV.DTS.x264-ESiR.mkv'
        Input Pin 'Subpicture Input'
        Output Pin 'Video Output 1'
            Connected to pin 'Video' of filter 'DirectVobSub (forced auto-loading version)'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type Unknown GUID Name: {30323449-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}, Format type FORMAT_VideoInfo2
        Output Pin '~Line21 Output'

Filter 'J:\Movies 2\Finding Nemo (HD)\Finding.Nemo.2003.720p.HDTV.DTS.x264-ESiR.mkv'
        Output Pin 'Video'
            Connected to pin 'Video Input' of filter 'Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder'
        Output Pin 'Audio'
        Output Pin 'Subtitle'
            Connected to pin 'Input' of filter 'DirectVobSub (forced auto-loading version)'

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2010, 02:01:06 pm »

Thanks for the graph.  However, this is still a graph for playing an mkv file.  I asked for a graph of successfully playing an m2t file (with the same encoding) using Cyberlink filter on the same computer.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2010, 02:11:19 pm »

I wil post it shortly...I haven't had time.

The other issue with core is that when used it causes MC to stop responding.  Otherwise I wouldn't have a problem with it.  This is the thing, nothing really works and there are always problems.

My processor is too weak for microsofts decoder to work with 1080 content.

There have been a few reported problems involving CoreAVC.  The problem seemed to be caused by Haali Media Splitter.  This get me thinking, maybe your problem is also related to Haali.  What version of Haali media splitter do you have?  You can see it by going to All Programs > Haali Media Splitter > Media Splitter Settings (or All Programs > Combined Community Codec Pack > Filters > Haali > ... if your version is part of CCCP).

jroyale

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2010, 03:31:28 pm »

Sorry about that.  Here is the m2t.  I think you may be right.  It is just too odd that filters are causing these issues and also I have cccp installed on both computers and both are having issues loading cyberlink.

I have version 1.9.355.21.  I have also tried to see if I could find another splitter with no luch so if there is a superior splitter let me know...or if there is another version of haali that is more stable.

Thanks a lot yoabing you've been a lot of help and I think we may be onto something here.

Filter Graph Info:

Input Pin 'EVR Input0'
            Connected to pin 'Video Out' of filter 'CyberLink Video/SP Decoder (PDVD9)'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_NV12, Format type FORMAT_VideoInfo2
        Input Pin 'EVR Input1'

Output Pin 'Out'
        Input Pin 'In'
            Connected to pin 'Output' of filter 'JRiver Media Proxy Audio'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_MPEG1AudioPayload, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx

Filter 'CyberLink Video/SP Decoder (PDVD9)'
        CLSID: {3AC8EA8C-990A-424A-BD7B-D5B57A9DEB83}
        Host: C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD9\VideoFilter\CLVsd.ax
        Input Pin 'Video In'
            Connected to pin 'Output' of filter 'JRiver Media Proxy Video'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_MPEG2_VIDEO, Format type FORMAT_MPEG2_VIDEO
        Output Pin 'Video Out'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_NV12, Format type FORMAT_VideoInfo2
        Input Pin 'SubPicture In'
        Output Pin '~Closed Caption Out'

Filter 'JRiver Media Proxy Audio'
        CLSID: {A4207487-E7D8-406B-9882-B66370DE2492}
        Host:
        Input Pin 'Input'
            Connected to pin 'Audio' of filter 'Y:\My Videos\Home\Winter '09'10\Winter 2009-0055.m2t'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_MPEG1AudioPayload, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx
        Output Pin 'Output'

Filter 'JRiver Media Proxy Video'
        Host:
        Input Pin 'Input'
            Connected to pin 'Video' of filter 'Y:\My Videos\Home\Winter '09'10\Winter 2009-0055.m2t'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_MPEG2_VIDEO, Format type FORMAT_MPEG2_VIDEO
        Output Pin 'Output'
            Connected to pin 'Video In' of filter 'CyberLink Video/SP Decoder (PDVD9)'

Filter 'Y:\My Videos\Home\Winter '09'10\Winter 2009-0055.m2t'
        Output Pin 'Video'
            Connected to pin 'Input' of filter 'JRiver Media Proxy Video'
        Output Pin 'Audio'
            Connected to pin 'Input' of filter 'JRiver Media Proxy Audio'

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2010, 05:50:51 pm »

Sorry about that.  Here is the m2t.  I think you may be right.  It is just too odd that filters are causing these issues and also I have cccp installed on both computers and both are having issues loading cyberlink.

I have version 1.9.355.21.  I have also tried to see if I could find another splitter with no luch so if there is a superior splitter let me know...or if there is another version of haali that is more stable.

I am not sure about whether the version of Haali Media Splitter you have is good or bad.  You can download a newer version from the author's site.  At this moment the site does not work.  You can try this mirror site.

Filter 'Y:\My Videos\Home\Winter '09'10\Winter 2009-0055.m2t'
        Output Pin 'Video'
        Output Pin 'Audio'

This has been my suspicion.  This m2t file can play with Cyberlink decoder because it contains MPEG-2 video, not AVC video as your mkv file does.  Not having a Cyberlink decoder on my computer at this moment, I can not verify whether it is or is not capable of decoding AVC/H.264 video.  But so far your graphs have not proven that it can.

jroyale

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2010, 07:42:36 pm »

Cyberlink does support it as it states here about 3/4 of the way down the page. I'll try a newer version of haali splitter. Any suggestions as to another splitter out there I could try?  So haali could be the issue as to why a filter isn't loading?

http://www.cyberlink.com/stat/technology/enu/next-gen-disc-solution.jsp

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2010, 08:01:31 pm »

So haali could be the issue as to why a filter isn't loading?

It could be.  Another possibility is Cyberlink deliberately prevents the filter from working in third-party applications as raym suggested.  Do you know if cyberlink decoder works in other applications for AVC video? 

jroyale

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2010, 01:50:43 am »

I had the cyberlink decoder that shipped with my computer working right at the beginning...I can't tell you exactly why because a lot has changed.  Also it's unlikely they would allow it to play with m2t's and not then mkv's.  I understand the premise it's just odd they would be that selective.

I'll play around with the haali but likely that will end up causing another problem...that's been my experience to date anyway.

I'll get back to you after I do some troubleshooting.  Problem is generally the issues aren't detected until multiple videos play for at least 20 minutes...that's when it has stopped responding in the past.

jroyale

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2010, 12:23:48 am »

any suggestions as to how to install the newer version?  I heard of some potential issues with 2 versions os haali being installed.  with cccp you have to uninstall the entire thing which I do t want to do.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2010, 03:26:46 pm »

...This graph is produced as I have cyberlink video / sp decoder selected...

Cyberlink VIDEO/SP Decoder (PDVD9), file: CLVSD.ax  -- is for MPEG2

Cyberlink VIDEO Decoder (PDVD9), or maybe Cyberlink HAM Decoder, both use the file CLCVD.ax  -- can decode AVC

See the attached screenshot (If you can't see it, log in to the forum).

As far as I can see the container format (mkv, mts, etc) doesn't really matter because these decoders work after the splitter. The default merit for some Cyberlink filters may be "do not use" and may need to be raised.

Here is the graph info of AVC playback using CLCVD.ax.

Filter Graph Info:

Filter 'JRiver Audio Renderer'
        CLSID: {A4002F8E-510F-442C-8AD3-F9C7B23FB394}
        Host:
        Input Pin 'In'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_PCM, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx

Filter 'Video Mixing Renderer 9'
        CLSID: {51B4ABF3-748F-4E3B-A276-C828330E926A}
        Host: c:\windows\system32\quartz.dll
        Input Pin 'VMR Input0'
            Connected to pin 'Output' of filter '0002'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_YUY2, Format type FORMAT_VideoInfo2
        Input Pin 'VMR Input1'

Host: c:\program files\cccp\filters\ffdshow\ffdshow.ax
        Output Pin 'Out'
            Connected to pin 'In' of filter 'JRiver Audio Renderer'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_PCM, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx
        Input Pin 'In'
            Connected to pin 'Output' of filter 'JRiver Media Proxy Audio'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_DOLBY_AC3, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx
        Input Pin 'In2'

Filter '0002'
        CLSID: {93A22E7A-5091-45EF-BA61-6DA26156A5D0}
        Host: c:\program files\cccp\filters\vsfilter.dll
        Input Pin 'Video'
            Connected to pin 'Video Out' of filter 'CyberLink Video Decoder (PDVD9)'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_YUY2, Format type FORMAT_VideoInfo2
        Output Pin 'Output'
            Connected to pin 'VMR Input0' of filter 'Video Mixing Renderer 9'
        Input Pin 'Input'
            Connected to pin 'Subtitle' of filter 'Haali Media Splitter'
            Major type Unknown GUID Name: {E487EB08-6B26-4BE9-9DD3-993434D313FD}  Sub type Unknown GUID Name: {F7239E31-9599-4E43-8DD5-FBAF75CF37F1}, Format type Unknown GUID Name: {F7239E31-9599-4E43-8DD5-FBAF75CF37F1}
        Input Pin 'Input'

Filter 'JRiver Media Proxy Audio'
        Host:
        Input Pin 'Input'
            Connected to pin 'Audio' of filter 'Haali Media Splitter'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_DOLBY_AC3, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx
        Output Pin 'Output'

Filter 'CyberLink Video Decoder (PDVD9)'
        CLSID: {BEF49ADB-9EC1-4AF2-8E50-90F226CC4843}
        Host: c:\program files\cyberlink\powerdvd9\videofilter\clcvd.ax
        Input Pin 'Video In'
            Connected to pin 'Output' of filter 'JRiver Media Proxy Video'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type Unknown GUID Name: {31435641-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}, Format type FORMAT_MPEG2_VIDEO
        Output Pin 'Video Out'
            Connected to pin 'Video' of filter '0002'
        Output Pin '~Closed Caption Out'

Filter 'JRiver Media Proxy Video'
        Host:
        Input Pin 'Input'
            Connected to pin 'Video' of filter 'Haali Media Splitter'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type Unknown GUID Name: {31435641-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}, Format type FORMAT_MPEG2_VIDEO
        Output Pin 'Output'
            Connected to pin 'Video In' of filter 'CyberLink Video Decoder (PDVD9)'

Filter 'Haali Media Splitter'
        Host: c:\program files\cccp\filters\haali\splitter.ax
        Output Pin 'Video'
        Output Pin 'Audio'
        Output Pin 'Subtitle'
            Connected to pin 'Input' of filter '0002'
            Major type Unknown GUID Name: {E487EB08-6B26-4BE9-9DD3-993434D313FD}  Sub type Unknown GUID Name: {F7239E31-9599-4E43-8DD5-FBAF75CF37F1}, Format type Unknown GUID Name: {F7239E31-9599-4E43-8DD5-FBAF75CF37F1}

The file format is this:
General
Complete name                    : S:\W\Test Videos\Movie720p.mkv
Format                           : Matroska
File size                        : 4.09 GiB
Duration                         : 1h 44mn
Overall bit rate                 : 5 613 Kbps
Encoded date                     : UTC 2010-04-07 19:39:37
Writing application              : mkvmerge v3.3.0 ('Language') built on Mar 24 2010 14:59:24
Writing library                  : libebml v0.8.0 + libmatroska v0.9.0
Cover                            : Cover art

Video
ID                               : 1
Format                           : AVC
Format/Info                      : Advanced Video Codec
Codec ID                         : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Bit rate                         : 4 861 Kbps
Width                            : 1 280 pixels
Height                           : 720 pixels
Display aspect ratio             : 16:9
Frame rate                       : 23.976 fps
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)               : 0.220
Stream size                      : 3.54 GiB (87%)
Language                         : English

Audio
ID                               : 2
Format                           : AC-3
Format/Info                      : Audio Coding 3
Codec ID                         : A_AC3
Bit rate mode                    : Constant
Bit rate                         : 640 Kbps
Channel(s)                       : 6 channels
Channel positions                : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
Sampling rate                    : 48.0 KHz
Stream size                      : 478 MiB (11%)
Language                         : English

Text
ID                               : 3
Format                           : VobSub
Codec ID                         : S_VOBSUB
Codec ID/Info                    : The same subtitle format used on DVDs
Language                         : English´

EDIT

For some reason the graph info shows MPEG2 a few times. That is wrong because the file is not MPEG2.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2010, 03:31:22 pm »

any suggestions as to how to install the newer version?  I heard of some potential issues with 2 versions os haali being installed.  with cccp you have to uninstall the entire thing which I do t want to do.

You don't need to uninstall CCCP. Just install the new Haali version on top the of the old. The location is under the main CCCP program folder:  ...\Filters\Haali
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

jroyale

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2010, 08:05:35 pm »

Thanks...I'm crossing my fingers on this.  I've installed an updated video card which I thought was the issue and it's not.....so we're aces right now.  If this doesn't work I don't know what it would be. 

jroyale

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2010, 09:01:36 am »

Okay...I think we're rockin.  I have to test it out to see if it crashes after some time of play as it has in the past but so far so good which I've said in the past.  I'm crossing my fingers this is it because I've been at this since January, and not intermittently but all the time...my hardware, 7 and jrmc don't seem to get along.

jroyale

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2010, 02:03:19 pm »

Nope...of course I would that work.  Video stops responding when stopped.  It really looks like a filter issue with 7.  The only filter that works and doesn't stop responding is the microsoft filter.  Which is fine for 720 content but can't play 1080 content on my machine.

So this happened when I used filter tweaker as well.  I disable microsoft filter library completely.  Unfortunately I didn't have logging on at the time and I've restored now back to before so I can't post what went wrong.

Do you think using another splitter may be worth a shot?  If so what one?

I can redo what I just did and post later but not time right now.

Any other suggestions?

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2010, 08:55:09 am »

Nope...of course I would that work.  Video stops responding when stopped.  It really looks like a filter issue with 7.  The only filter that works and doesn't stop responding is the microsoft filter.  Which is fine for 720 content but can't play 1080 content on my machine.

Which filter selection caused hanging?

Haali Media Splitter -> Cyberlink VIDEO Decoder (PDVD9)?

If it is caused by mismatch of filters, it will be hard to get a clue, but please email me a log file anyway.
yaobing at jriver dot com

Do you think using another splitter may be worth a shot?  If so what one?

The only other mkv splitter I know of is Gabest's Matroska Splitter.  Some people found it working better than Haali's, but I am not really sure which one is better.  Give it a try.

jroyale

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2010, 12:57:30 pm »

I will. Any filter other than Microsoft hangs and it only hangs when in theatre view. So if I'm playing a movie and it ends and it goes back into theatre view then it hangs. If I play it from standard view and stop it and it goes back into standard view then it's fine. Could it then be an issue f filter, splitter and drivers?

Yoabing I'm emailing you a log.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2010, 01:01:44 pm »

Check the settings for "task tray icons" in Haali and FFDShow.  Shut it off.

jroyale

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2010, 01:17:01 pm »

OKay I've done that and I'll test it out.  Yaobing the log file is 280 meg.  How much sense does that make?  I'm going to test iit out again and see if it produces a smaller one.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2010, 01:25:34 pm »

Reset the log just before doing the experiment (use the reset button). The log fle will compress well when you put it in a zip, rar or 7-zip package. 7-zip is a good free compressor: http://www.7-zip.org

Don't keep logging enabled when you are not troubleshooting a problem.

EDIT

Actually, the "Click to email log files" button will automatically create a compressed zip attachment. Naturally it can work only if you can use an email client on the same PC.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2010, 02:06:01 pm »

I have not received any mail yet.  If you tried to send 280 MB as attachment, it will definitely not work.  Follow Alex's advices on keeping the log small. 

jroyale

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2010, 06:15:20 pm »

Didn't e-mail yet becuase I was going to retest in an effort to get it smaller.  I tried to haali tray icon and it didn't work so I'll reset, troubleshoot and send at some point tonight.

jroyale

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2010, 10:38:44 pm »

E-mail sent.  Yaobing let me know what you see.

The funny thing is cyberlink works fine with m2t but it's another filter and frankly they generally only last about 30 seconds to 3 minutes a pop so I don't think it would have the same effect because I only notice the stop responding with mkv's after about 20 minutes. 

It's only filters other than microsoft...and only in theatre view.

Help would be greatly appreciated because I don't really want to only watch 720 for the rest of my days.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2010, 02:12:51 pm »

E-mail sent.  Yaobing let me know what you see.

I have taken a look at the log, but have not found any obvious problems.  ::)

The file is so long, I can only look at the last portion.  You started playing an mkv movie.  It played for a long time (approx. 1:27:00).  Then you pressed Stop button.  The whole process of stopping took about 2 seconds to complete.  No hanging or freezing.

The graph-building at the beginning was normal too.  The only thing I found was that you either did not select a source filter (which is OK), or the filter you selected could not be loaded.  In either case, the system loaded the correct filter - Haali Media Splitter, installed at C:\Program Files (x86)\Haali\MatroskaSplitter\splitter.ax, meaning it is the independently installed version (not the version installed with CCCP).  So everything worked as it was supposed to.  CyberLink Video Decoder (PDVD9) was loaded for avc1 video, and FFDShow Audio decoder was loaded for audio.

The only thing I can say from your log is that you are using an older version of MC.  I would suggest that you use the latest version available from the top of this board.  There have been a lot of improvements from build 96 to build 161.

jroyale

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2010, 08:56:35 am »

I can't use the newest version of MC becuase it conflicts with my video card / driver.  When going in and out of theatre view I get direct3d errors so it's not an option and frankly I don't think the issue.

Let me look into the HAALI issue becuase I wasn't aware I even had another version.  The only one I thought I had installed was the one with CCCP.  I see if I can uninstall that one and get back to you.

Edit: I just uninstalled HAALI and it is not showing up in jriver now.  Seems obvious but the one I uninstalled seemd to be independent of CCCP.  I wonder if there was some conflict.  I'm going to reinstall cccp.

If it doesn't help then I'll debug again and send you a shorter log.

My only question is how does this relate to theatre view because as I mentioned coming in and out of standard view it's fine it's in theatre view it stops responding.

Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2010, 09:19:24 am »

I can't use the newest version of MC becuase it conflicts with my video card / driver.  When going in and out of theatre view I get direct3d errors so it's not an option and frankly I don't think the issue.
Did you try updating DirectX from Microsoft?  That or your video driver are probably the problem.

I bought a new machine a few months ago that had the same problem until I updated DirectX.

jroyale

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2010, 01:01:49 pm »

Ya I did...I spent a lot of time on it Jim and nothing.  I'm down a much better path here.  I can't tell you the problems I've had and right now I'm down to one which I can see light at the end of the tunnel on.

I tried absolutely everything on my the direct3d issues.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2010, 01:04:39 pm »

Have you considered buying a new video card?  You could spend under $50.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2010, 03:31:53 pm »

I mentioned Haali Media Splitter install path just as a statement of fact, not meaning to blame that being the problem.  In fact it was we who suggested to you to try a different version of Haali Splitter.  That may be the reason you got that version.  

If you have video card issues, it is best that you solve that issue.  Short of that, you should try using different video renderer in Media Center.  Maybe you have already tried that.  If not, please try VMR9, and VMR7 and see if you still have the same problem.  You may even try downloading and installing Haali video Renderer, which many MC users use.

jroyale

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2010, 10:07:32 am »

I'm simply saying it looked like there were 2 version of HAALI installed.  I had one installed before I installed CCCP it appears then installed CCCP so it was messed up.  I've uninstalled HAALI standalone and reinstalled CCCP and we're getting somewhere.  The files play fine and stop fine.  If I try and play 1 right after the other it has issues though.  The video didn't come up only sound, then I stopped it an started it again and the following dialogue box appeared:

"Media Center encountered errors while trying to play the last several files.  Please make sure that the path in your media library points to the right location.

Error details:

DirectShow: Not enough storage is available to complete this operations
Code=0x8007000e.

In another instance the file just showed loading and did nothing.  I've tried to change the renderer and it did help so I'll try another.  I'm making headway at least.

JimH:  I can't get another video card.  This is an acer revo so it's not an option.  Although I will say that I've made a lot of headway so far so I may try to update it and see where we are at but I have a feeling it won't work.  There were a few others with similar issues with the latest build and direct3d errors so I'm not the only one.  Their solution was to go to the .093 build.

Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2010, 10:20:47 am »

I can't get another video card.  This is an acer revo so it's not an option.  Although I will say that I've made a lot of headway so far so I may try to update it and see where we are at but I have a feeling it won't work.  There were a few others with similar issues with the latest build and direct3d errors so I'm not the only one.  Their solution was to go to the .093 build.
Try Acer.  MC uses 3d drawing in TheaterView.  If it isn't working, it's a DirectX or video driver problem.

You could also try turning off transparency in Theater View.  It's an option.

jroyale

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2010, 12:01:25 pm »

Ya...i've been through that.  Acer blames you and won't do anything about it because it involves 3rd party software.  Their video drivers from the site aren't even compatible with a 64 bit system...acer is useless.  I'm sure it's their problem there just isn't a fix.  I may try it again but I'm really getting somewhere here so I'll focus on this now then tackle the udpated jrmc.

Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: April 21, 2010, 12:03:55 pm »

Try again, ask for a support manager, and tell them we'll help.  We'll provide a license.  It will build character.

jroyale

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2010, 12:54:04 pm »

I will Jim and thanks for the offer although I can tell by your optimism that you haven't dealt with them.  Brutal customer service.

I changed the renderer to 9 and it looks like it helped...I'll keep updating but I'm seeing light at the end of the tunnel here.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up