INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A few observations  (Read 2433 times)

SeaDrive

• World Citizen
A few observations
« on: April 07, 2010, 10:44:14 pm »

First of all, Id like to commend the whole team on a great product. If history is any indication, MC15 will be incredible as have the past versions. I've had a few days to play around with MC 15 and have a few notes/observations.

1) I noticed that when launching MC and entering theater view I can not start playback of the current playing now. This is a playing now list that was populated in a prior MC session and remains in the playing now queue.  Pressing the play button on the MCE remote actually goes back 1 menu level instead of playing now. The only way to start playback seems to be to either start a new playlist or use list view and select play.

2) This is a problem from MC14. When using the Artist slideshow in theater view playing now with a mixed artist playlist the slideshow is 1 artist behind (ie: the slideshow is for the artist that played the last song.) If I pause and unpause the slideshow is correct but only until the next song.

3) For some reason my playback tempo in MC15 is faster than th esam etracks in MC14. Both DSP studios have tempo disabled. If I enable tempo adjustment I have to set MC15 to about -.02 to match MC14.

4) I seem to have lost the Windows 7 player controls in the taskbar 'Aero Peek' view. Is this an option that I missed or is it not in MC15 yet?

Thanks,

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: A few observations
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 10:56:08 pm »

#1 is probably just a problem with settings in your copy of MC15.  I believe our MC Remote still works correctly.  Try enabling both HID and MCE remote in the options in MC.  Do other play functions work OK?  Mouse?

SeaDrive

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 11:01:52 pm »

#4) My player controls are back again. Not sure what happened there.

SeaDrive

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 11:09:50 pm »

Play/Pause works great on the remote is it is already playing or paused. Once I press stop the play button will not start playback. This only pertains to theater view. The remote works fine in library view. As I look closer it appears that the play butto of the remote control is acting as the ENTER key if playback is currently stopped. This is a regular MCE remote. There are no memorized commands in MC. The same behavior occurs if you use the play/pause button from a windows media keyboard.

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, 06:51:38 am »

#1 is a bug. It affects Playing Now (not list or info) when playback is STOPPED and is NOT a remote mapping issue as Ctrl+P doesn't init playback from here either.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

gappie

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2010, 07:04:39 am »

#1 is probably just a problem with settings in your copy of MC15.  I believe our MC Remote still works correctly.  Try enabling both HID and MCE remote in the options in MC.  Do other play functions work OK?  Mouse?
its not a problem with any settings but, as raym just said, a bug. and its been reported many times.

:)
gab

SeaDrive

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2010, 04:06:18 pm »

Good to know. As far as bugs go I guess. At least now I can stop trying to fix it.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2010, 04:37:46 pm »

In build 22 and later:
Fixed: In Theater View, the play remote button didn't work as expected in 'Playing Now'.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up