INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Only Importing some of my video files  (Read 1698 times)

WinoOutWest

• Galactic Citizen
Only Importing some of my video files
« on: April 06, 2010, 01:12:08 pm »

Okay I give up... and need some help.  I've been running and importing audio files for years and don't recall ever seeing something like this.
Here is my setup:

All my files are on a headless server.
HTPC runs MC14 for Audio only.
I want to use a copy of MC running on the server as a DLNA server for my video files only. (maybe one day when everything is running okay I'll merge them but for now they are seperate databases)
I started with an empty database on the Video MC (Server) but when I add my 3 or video folders auto import fails to import all the files.  Skipping the same subdirectories each time I try to import them.  Files themselves are simple AVI, mkv or vob files. There doesn't seem to be a pattern (although I am sure there is.) 
They play fine in MC if I navigate to them and run them and they all play and import when using XBMC.
Also - I had a test DB on my office PC a while back running MC that I had setup to AuotImport these video folders that I had forgotten about.  When I checked it, it has imported these files correctly in to the DB.
Any ideas as to why the same files would not be importing on the server?  (same import settings  which is just to import all video files types + DVDs)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Only Importing some of my video files
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 01:43:01 pm »

MC has a setting for import that ignores files previously deleted.

Are the filetypes checked for import?

Maybe they got imported as data.  Try a search in MC.

WinoOutWest

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 02:13:54 pm »

MC has a setting for import that ignores files previously deleted.

Are the filetypes checked for import?

Maybe they got imported as data.  Try a search in MC.
Ignore files previously deleted: Unchecked
Filetypes checked:  All video formats + DVD Video (all others (audio, etc) unchecked)
Searched for imported data: did not find them.

As an example: When the library initially loaded there was one file in a directory called Burn Notice - it imported fine.
I have since added 6 or 7 similar .avi files to that same directory but MC is not importing them.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 02:20:57 pm »

What build of MC are you using?  161 is current.

WinoOutWest

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 02:23:47 pm »

I am current - 161

WinoOutWest

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2010, 03:59:06 pm »

Okay so I noticed it was automatically importing other recordings that showed up on the same HD as well as some DVD files that I converted to mkv.  So on a lark I renamed one of the files that hasn't been imported xxx.avi to xxx.mkv and re ran the import.  Here's what happened: It identified that the old xxx.avi wasn't there and "removed it" (even tho it woulnd't show it in the schemes) and found the new xxx.mkv file and imported it and I can see it in my view structures.  Obviously MC thinks these files are in the db but isn't showing them in the view schemes.

Then I renamed it back to xxx.avi re-ran the import and sure enough it deletes the mkv and finds the new avi.

Presumably I could rename the root directory, run the import - let it delete all the files, switch it back and re-import but I've got shares and everything setup on the server and would rather not recreate all that.   Any suggestions on how I can fix this?
Pages: [1]   Go Up