INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DSP Studio checkbox and GUI behavior very annoying?  (Read 2563 times)

Lunatique

• World Citizen
DSP Studio checkbox and GUI behavior very annoying?
« on: April 07, 2010, 05:46:23 pm »

I was wondering if it's possible to allow more than one plugin be open on the screen at the same time? It's really annoying when you can only access one GUI at a time with he checkbox. For example, if you want to put a spectrum analyzer after certain effects (EQ, compressor, limiter...etc), and I want to see how my tweaking of the various parameters of those effects are affecting the frequency response in the spectrum analyzer. With the way DSP Studio is setup now, I cannot do this at all.

It's also really annoying if I'm in the GUI window of a particular VST plugin, but I simply want to turn on of off (bypass) another plugin but stay in the current plugin's GUI, I cannot do it, as unchecking or checking any of the boxes will immediate switch me to that plugin's GUI. This behavior prevents me from being able to turn on and off effects and see how that's changing the frequency response in the spectrum analyzer in real-time.

I want to once again point out VST hosts/effects chainers like Xulop Chainer (and a bunch of other similar products), where you can open up all the activated plugin's GUI on screen at the same time.

If I could simply host one of these VST hosts/effects chainers in DSP Studio and call it the day, I would, but the problem is, when I load Xulop Chainer inside of DSP Studio, the plugins I load up in Chainer will show up with their GUI's cutoff. I don't know why DSP Studio is cutting off their GUI, but it's really annoying because now I can't access certain parameters because they are cut off.

Any possibility we would see a solution for this?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: DSP Studio checkbox and GUI behavior very annoying?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 06:03:01 pm »

In 15.0.21 and later:
Changed: DSP Studio no longer selects an effect when clicking the checkbox to toggle it.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Lunatique

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 06:33:58 pm »

Thanks! What about being able to see more than one plugin's GUI on screen at once, or the GUI getting cut off problem? Could they be fixed?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 08:19:32 pm »

What about being able to see more than one plugin's GUI on screen at once

No, sorry.

or the GUI getting cut off problem?

Could you provide a screenshot?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Lunatique

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, 05:46:47 am »

Here are a few screenshots:

This is Xulop Chainer in standalone mode:

This is Chainer hosted in MC:

You can see that the important menu strip on top is now gone.

This is Lexicon Pantheon II Reverb hosted inside Chainer (standalone mode):

This is Lexicon Pantheon II Reverb hosted inside Chainer (while Chainer is hosted in MC):

The names of parameters near the bottom is now cut off, and you can't tell what parameters you're tweaking.

Of course, if MC allowed multiple plugin's GUI to be shown on screen at once like in Chainer, then I wouldn't have to try and host Chainer inside of MC, but since MC doesn't allow it, the only way I can get multiple GUI on screen is to host Chainer inside of MC, which then causes the GUI cut off problem.

How hard could it be to have MC's DSP Studio simply behave like any other VST host/effects chainer out there? I mean, it's logical, isn't it?

This is how any typical VST host/effects chainer would behave:

Being able to see multiple plugins' GUI at the same time makes so much sense, and logically speaking, it's the only reasonable thing to do if you bother to have a plugin host at all.

Lunatique

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2010, 02:29:31 am »

It's been a while, and I'm just wondering if this is something that's deemed not important enough to consider? I mean, if MC will never allow multiple plugins to show on screen at once, the GUI cutoff problem won't be fixed, pleased just let me know so I won't keep hoping for a solution.
Pages: [1]   Go Up